Online booking system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXxCaZxXx

Reaction score
Which is best and how do you use it lol

Try CONNECT https://cnnct.io it's easy and free. Use it for online booking, automated reminders, keeping track of my appointments and customers. Especially I like their reports, I used to count all of that manually

Looked at booksy, liked the fact you can get the clients to pay a deposit when they book, you choice if they lose it if they cancel

Shedul is very straight forward... It is not app, its a website and you can check your reports which is great if youre self employed or an owner etc.
Also have automated text and email reminders.
Very easy to use!

I use setmore which is free as really easy to use. It can be used on your phone and laptop. Sends out reminder emails to clients and clients find it easy to use.

Seconded!

I've been using it for like 2 years I think. I tried so many other ones but it's so great because it's only £15 a month and pays for itself in deposits from clients and you can send forms, edit anything and they are always available for support.

I have just got ISalon in my salon and was put off with pricing to start with but I don't know how I worked without it - It does everything for me from reports to online bookings, I can now see how much my salon makes or how much it is expected to make the next week and then do marketing if im not going to hit my target etc.. It has paid for itself 4 times over this month already! Just make sure any system you are using is GDPR compliant as this was a big thing when I was looking for a system

I use Shedul, it's really easy to use and I think it might still be free (?)

shedul.com FREE and brilliant swapped over earlier in the year saved me £200 per month.

Try CONNECT https://cnnct.io it's easy and free. Use it for online booking, automated reminders, keeping track of my appointments and customers. Especially I like their reports, I used to count all of that manually

Looked at booksy, liked the fact you can get the clients to pay a deposit when they book, you choice if they lose it if they cancel

If you’re based in the EU, don’t use software run by a company that is based outside the EU as this could be illegal data processing under the new GDPR regulations.

If you’re based in the EU, don’t use software run by a company that is based outside the EU as this could be illegal data processing under the new GDPR regulations.
All decent companies took care of their GDPR compliance, there is no need to be afraid of that and not to use good software ;) in any case you can always check and ask the support.

Why take the risk with important client data? There’s plenty of excellent software companies based locally so no need to look outside of the EU.

Why take the risk with important client data? There’s plenty of excellent software companies based locally so no need to look outside of the EU.
Because there is no risk :) no normal company will mess with private data, they understand very well that there could be serious consequences! Every business owner should explore all options, and pick software that would be perfect in his/her particular case. Ditching good software with good price only because it's not made in EU, doesn't sound very reasonable.

Because there is no risk :) no normal company will mess with private data, they understand very well that there could be serious consequences! Every business owner should explore all options, and pick software that would be perfect in his/her particular case. Ditching good software with good price only because it's not made in EU, doesn't sound very reasonable.

It’s not about messing with the data, it’s about allowing it to be exported outside the EU and therefore outside the legal jurisdiction of the EU. It’s simply not a risk I’m willing to take when there are plenty of good software companies based in the UK and Ireland. :)

From the circles I'm in, in the tech software and web dev world, most of the US is ignoring GDPR based on the fact it's not enforceable and the EU has no reach over there.

It’s not about messing with the data, it’s about allowing it to be exported outside the EU and therefore outside the legal jurisdiction of the EU. It’s simply not a risk I’m willing to take when there are plenty of good software companies based in the UK and Ireland. :)
The data can't be taken out of EU jurisdiction, there are totally different principles! If a company has clients in the EU, it has to be GDPR compliant, that's the law. Before saying anything about not-EU companies, and judging GDPR compliance, it's better to first read about it and how it works.

From the circles I'm in, in the tech software and web dev world, most of the US is ignoring GDPR based on the fact it's not enforceable and the EU has no reach over there.
The only companies, that are ignoring GDPR are the once that don't have anything to do with Europe and don't have European clients. All the others have to be compliant.

The data can't be taken out of EU jurisdiction, there are totally different principles! If a company has clients in the EU, it has to be GDPR compliant, that's the law. Before saying anything about not-EU companies, and judging GDPR compliance, it's better to first read about it and how it works.

It’s not just about being compliant.
Once they export the data outside the EU, if the parent company is based in the States for instance, how quickly will they notify of a data breach?
US companies have a disastrous track record of waiting weeks or months before notifying the authorities that they’ve been hacked and by then it’s too late to worry about GDPR compliance.
If the likes of Target (41 million credit card details hacked), eBay, Yahoo, Home Depot and other US based companies can’t be trusted at safekeeping the data, then at least stick within the EU where the risks are smaller.

Latest posts

Back