Online booking system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not just about being compliant.
Once they export the data outside the EU, if the parent company is based in the States for instance, how quickly will they notify of a data breach?
US companies have a disastrous track record of waiting weeks or months before notifying the authorities that they’ve been hacked and by then it’s too late to worry about GDPR compliance.
If the likes of Target (41 million credit card details hacked), eBay, Yahoo, Home Depot and other US based companies can’t be trusted at safekeeping the data, then at least stick within the EU where the risks are smaller.
I can give you plenty of examples of horrible data breaches in EU companies. Nobody can assure that there will be no breaches ever, and it doesn't matter if it's non-EU or EU company. I'm just saying, that business owners should consider all of their options, when choosing software, talk to people, read the privacy policies etc. Why settle for worse or more expensive software, if there are other options.

i use 10to8 - free and easy to use!

Latest posts

Back