Online booking systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariewilson

Reaction score
looking for recommendtions for online booking systems, at present using isalon, looking to change. I have looked at phorest and short-cuts so far. I have 12 employees. Thnaks

Ovatu.com is solid.

I've recently tried Ovatu as I'm looking for a new provider but I found the interface really dated, fussy and confusing, trying to make an appointment seemed so long winded, I gave up and as the rest of my team are technophobes they wouldn't know where to start. I've tried Shedul but once I went live with the payments I found out that the other part of their company "Fresha" that processes the payments, promotes other local salons they have listed, to your clients, I've been using Simply book me for several years as it allows full payment up front for online booking but I need something that can handle the retail side and commissions too. I would love something like Shedul but without the feeling of Treatwell for the client experience, I've used Premier spa in the past but their cloud based system doesn't have what I need. I'm stumped at the moment, I'm such a fuss pot.

I use Shedul. Extremely user friendly and its FREE!

Acuity is very easy to set up and configure

I am looking for a new system. I currently set setmore but they can’t offer more than one location. I also need to be able to take payments for booking fees.

I've recently tried Ovatu as I'm looking for a new provider but I found the interface really dated, fussy and confusing, trying to make an appointment seemed so long winded, I gave up and as the rest of my team are technophobes they wouldn't know where to start. I've tried Shedul but once I went live with the payments I found out that the other part of their company "Fresha" that processes the payments, promotes other local salons they have listed, to your clients, I've been using Simply book me for several years as it allows full payment up front for online booking but I need something that can handle the retail side and commissions too. I would love something like Shedul but without the feeling of Treatwell for the client experience, I've used Premier spa in the past but their cloud based system doesn't have what I need. I'm stumped at the moment, I'm such a fuss pot.

That’s the first time I’ve heard that I was going to use schedul but that’s put me off!

That’s the first time I’ve heard that I was going to use schedul but that’s put me off!
Hey Team, Justyne from Shedul here :)

Just wanted to clarify that for online bookings with Fresha, you have two booking routes:
1. you have your unique URL links for your website, facebook and instagram that only lists your services/ brand and has zero reference to any other businesses
2. you are listed on the market place to help advertise your business to clients who haven't heard of you / are new to the area and are looking for services

So you essentially have best of both worlds :) Your regular clients who know you will go to your website / facebook page to book and will only see your services and clients who do not know you will be able to discover you on the market place.

Hope this eases your mind <3

See my answer above :) Hopefully that'll answer your concern <3

Hey Team, Justyne from Shedul here :)

Just wanted to clarify that for online bookings with Fresha, you have two booking routes:
1. you have your unique URL links for your website, facebook and instagram that only lists your services/ brand and has zero reference to any other businesses
2. you are listed on the market place to help advertise your business to clients who haven't heard of you / are new to the area and are looking for services

So you essentially have best of both worlds :) Your regular clients who know you will go to your website / facebook page to book and will only see your services and clients who do not know you will be able to discover you on the market place.

Hope this eases your mind

See my answer above :) Hopefully that'll answer your concern QUOTE]

So there will defo not be and reference to any other salons when clients are taken off site to fresha to pay? I was about to sign up with ovatu on this basis?

I use Shedul not sure I like the idea of Fresha promoting other local salons to my clients though. Did you contact them at the time about this? Is simply book me expensive? I like the idea that they pay upfront at the time of booking as I do shedul and haven't upgraded and we had a client book in and cancel out in a matter of hours. I think I've changed my settings to 48 hrs now but I havent upgraded and I really need to be taking booking fees, they have by passed this as they have booked directly onto the system.

Is there an official response from Shedul to the point raised #9 by inspia?

Is there an official response from Shedul to the point raised #9 by inspia?

Given the importance of the point raised by inspia ".......So there will defo not be and reference to any other salons when clients are taken off site to fresha to pay?....."
it is less than reassuring that no official answer has come from Justyne at Shedul.

Shame.

Given the importance of the point raised by inspia ".......So there will defo not be and reference to any other salons when clients are taken off site to fresha to pay?....."
it is less than reassuring that no official answer has come from Justyne at Shedul.

Shame.

@Stuart Hey Hey , sorry, it was so small we missed it but yes, you have the two options.

If have your unique URL to facebook, your website or instagram where this is no reference to any other business :)

@Stuart Hey Hey , sorry, it was so small we missed it but yes, you have the two options.

If have your unique URL to facebook, your website or instagram where this is no reference to any other business :)

Justyne,

Thank you for your response.

Dont quite understand the "it was so small" comment.

Thanks again.

Bookis is one of the new kids in the block but its quite modern and very easy to use.

Do providers give access to online trials to allow a prospective user to see how ot works?

Its all rather confusing so it would be nice to use the software on a dummy run. This would allow for a more informed decision to be made when it comes to choosing the most suitable.

Most (if not all) do yes

As far as I can ascertain, Fresha+ is the software which is linked to Shedul and it is Fresha+ which permits clients to pay online. Online payment is not something which is required right now. Intend to continue with SumUp. This being the case, I presume Shedul can be used solely as an online booking tool which can be linked to Facebook and other social media (Instagram? and the likes)?

I have read about online booking aps which allow clients to cancel bookings. Is this the case with Shedul? If so, can this part of Shedul be disabled thus requiring clients to call to cancel a booking?

Apologies if this has all been covered before but I seek as much understanding and clarity of Shedul before taking the plunge.

Thanks for all help offered.

After considerable thought decided to have a closer look at Shedul. Downloaded the app and populated the various parts ie Services.

Had a dummy run to see how it worked.

The system asked for the clients credit card details. Its felt that this could be off puting as many people do not like to give such details online.

Can Shedul be used for booking without the need to enter CC details? If so, how is it done.

Greatful for help with this.

Have now begun to research Ovatu.

After considerable thought decided to have a closer look at Shedul. Downloaded the app and populated the various parts ie Services.

Had a dummy run to see how it worked.

The system asked for the clients credit card details. Its felt that this could be off puting as many people do not like to give such details online.

Can Shedul be used for booking without the need to enter CC details? If so, how is it done.

Greatful for help with this.

Have now begun to research Ovatu.

I have never had to enter client's credit card details.
Perhaps contact Shedul and ask them why and if there is a way around this. I have always found them to be extremely helpful and quick to get back to me.

Latest posts

Back