Online bookings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairtoday

Reaction score
I've been thinking for some time now to start our online booking there is a little extra charge with the system I use do people find it worth it . Thank you x

So worth it.

We had a lady book online about 4 days after I introduced it. She booked because she found us and she could. She travels a long way to come to us passing many salons en route. In the first few visits she covered our first years outlay for online booking. She is one of our best treatment and retail customers.

Our clients will often book online at random times and I've even been doing a treatment and come out to find my gap later that day has been filled.

I wouldn't be without it.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think online booking certainly is the future.

It's one of the things we get most asked about when building client websites. It also cuts down on your own administration with having to speak on the phone to people, arrange times etc when with online booking they can just see your availability straight off the bat.

I ditto the above, I put a book now widget on my website 2 weeks ago and got a booking on Friday night from a new client that filled an hour and a half gap on Saturday. She may well have waited until the morning and called in to book if we didn't have on line booking or she might have carried on googling and found an alternative salon on line that she could book in for!
I think it's great for those impulsive moments!

Hi

I am also considering on line booking, if you already have this in place do you take deposits? I am concerned that time wasters may just book and not turn up.

I introduced online bookings back in November and I would certainly recommend! X

I don't think I've ever had time wasters. They have to give email details and the only dodgy booking I got had a dodgy email address. I just emailed and asked for a contact number and heard nothing. I deleted and they didn't turn up.

It was when the Eurovision was on. Someone probably bored. Haha!

Vic x

I have done mine through wahanda whilst I decide which permanent online system to use. I have to say I did have some H/l book on a Sunday for last Monday and they didn't show. I called her and she said she emailed me to cancel which she didn't but she will now not be able to use on line booking without prepaying first.
To be honest I didn't lose any other bookings over it as she literally booked it in Sunday when we were closed for the next morning so didn't lose too much sleep over it. I also had a spray tan book for next week but she cancelled 2 days later which is fine as gave lots of notice.
I guess there will be some time wasters, I was dubious about it and if my client on Saturday hadn't turned up I might have thought it a waste of time but my faith was restored!

Ours is done online through phorest. When booking online you have to put card detail in. And a 60p -£1 booking fee is taken (off their treatment when come In) and if they don't show, depending on how much the treatment was we have the right to take the full or part payment. But us as a salon don't do it, there's like a middle man so we don't see card details. Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply we go live with online booking in for days looking forward to it xxx

I would certainly advise using online bookings when you think about it we buy so many things online so why not take treatments. It's the way forward.

Can anyone answer a couple of questions about online bookings...is the system quite flexible?

Can you put in the slots you want to be taken even if they are different each week?

If your treatment times are different does the system work out how much time to book out?

Lastly, as a home based clinic I leave gaps between each treatment...could an online system automatically put these in the diary for me?

Thank you

My online booking is part of my salon software, so a client books over the phone and it goes onto my computer. A client books online and it goes onto my computer. If I book a time slot for lunch/shopping/kip it means no one can book with me as that time is booked out. We go through and block out holidays and days off etc.
We used to have booking that had to be authorised, so we would log on and find booking requests. We now have what I call 'Fly by the seat of your pants' booking. Basically, a client books and the system puts it into my computer, emails the client and emails the relevant therapist that they have a new online booking. Unless the booking is fairly imminent (I think we have a minimum of 2 hours before appointment time) you can always contact the client and change it if something arises.

I don't know how other online systems work but salon iris has been great. I know you work alone, but so did I when I took SI on.

Vic x

How much information does a client see when booking?

That's great feedback, im seriously thinking about it too, have any of you guys worked out a % of online booking you get per week or month, and im curious as to if their being booked after salon hours? Love more feedback please

Can any of these systems include travel time? Im mobile and work in a salon one day?

Can anyone answer a couple of questions about online bookings...is the system quite flexible?

Can you put in the slots you want to be taken even if they are different each week?

If your treatment times are different does the system work out how much time to book out?

Lastly, as a home based clinic I leave gaps between each treatment...could an online system automatically put these in the diary for me?

Thank you

The one I'm using allows you to book out slots so you can put in breaks, holidays, work around other appointments etc. you have full control of the slots you are offering and how much time to allocate for each service. For example I have blocked out times I know i can regularly fill with regular clients e.g satuday mornings and am using it to try and encourage bookings on the quieter times but it is very quick and easy to update so if by Thursday I have a gap on Saturday morning, I can make that time available for in line booking. This worked well last week and filled a gap that would have probably stayed empty if I didn't have the online facility.

Latest posts

Back