Online course for extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Reynolds

Reaction score
You know what, I was going to say no way is distance learning ok for that but upon reading the site it sounds quite good lol! I fancy doing the weft one! It's only £99!

Realistically I think it's good to have hands on training with someone there to show you if your going wrong or what do if this or that happens, I fitted extensions for a long time before doing a course but was glad to be able to ask questions to the tutor on the training day, if you feel confident that distance learning is ok for you then go for it, it's fully accredited & quite reasonable :)

I actually did a course with Studio 58 (not an online one) and she said even though they offer the distance courses, it really is best to at least learn one method hands on. When you learn one method you'll sort of get a general idea of the basics like colour matching, sectioning, blending etc which will then make it easier to learn others. On the day I did micro rings, hot fusion and micro weft, but I'm going to do the online courses for tape & nano's soon!

Thanks guys, yes this would be my first extension course so will look into going to a course but will certainly do the online course if I chose to do other extensions options in the future x

Hi,

We would say that most of the technicians who complete one of our online courses already have an existing qualification in place, and as colour boy says they then already have many of the fundamental skills and knowledge in place. The online option offers busy technicians the opportunity to add further methods to their portfolio at a good price, and with the convenience of fitting the 'study' around the other demands they may have on their time.

We understand the reservations some may have, but we have invested a lot in doing this well. The videos are not taken from You Tube we had all of them professionally shot in full HD, the training manuals are incredibly detailed and comprehensive, and we also offer genuine support and guidance as and when required. The assessment criteria is also stringent - if a submitted assessment does not meet the required standards then a certificate is not issued until it does meet the standard.

If you did want to see more detailed info you can on this link: http://www.studio58hairextensions.co.uk/online-hair-extension-courses--accredited-104-c.asp

There is lots of feedback you can read - all 100% genuine xx

I don't the micro ring online course with studio 58 and although a qualified hairdresser, didn't have any experience of hair extensions other than having them in myself. I personally really enjoyed it. It was nice to learn at my own pace and if I didn't understand anything I could just rewind the videos and watch as many times as I needed too. I also emailed a couple of times with questions and they always came back to me explaining what I'd asked. I think it depends what type of learner you are.. If you learn easier by having someone physically showing you then it's probably not for you but if you can read and learn and also watch the video and learn then it's great! I would do another one for sure [emoji4]

I don't the micro ring online course with studio 58 and although a qualified hairdresser, didn't have any experience of hair extensions other than having them in myself. I personally really enjoyed it. It was nice to learn at my own pace and if I didn't understand anything I could just rewind the videos and watch as many times as I needed too. I also emailed a couple of times with questions and they always came back to me explaining what I'd asked. I think it depends what type of learner you are.. If you learn easier by having someone physically showing you then it's probably not for you but if you can read and learn and also watch the video and learn then it's great! I would do another one for sure [emoji4]
We are glad you really enjoyed the course. You are entirely right when you say that everyone learns differently. Some 'students' on a face to face course may lack the confidence in a public situation to speak up and ask questions for fear of feeling daft! Also, depending on the numbers that a training provider accepts onto a course some may find they don't receive the one on one time they would like if they are having any difficulties. Others will thrive in a classroom type situation with others.

Latest posts

Back