Online dating?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel90

Reaction score
So, I've decided that after almost 4 years of being single, it's time for me to take the plunge and attempt to meet Mr Right! I have in the past tried Plenty of Fish which was really not my cup of tea and hence, I've been a bit put off for a few years.

I'm considering joining a paid site (eHarmony/Match.com) but wondered if anyone had any feedback? I've looked at the prices and it works out cheaper per month to join for 12 months but I'd hopefully not be looking for that long! Does anyone have any suggestions on how long a membership I should be considering?

I don't get out much so don't get the chance to meet anyone in "real life", which is why I'm thinking of online!

Thanks x

If you lock eyes with a guy you think you like and then walk over to him while smiling a little bit and not looking away then say something like Hey my name's Rachel, I swear I'm not a bad person I just thought you looked interesting and I want to get to know you. From a guys prospective, he would most likely fall in love with you and tell you after spending a few days together. After an introduction like that try to find natural ways to get him talking about himself and his interests. People love to talk about themselves and they know the most about themselves so it keeps a conversation going. One of the best set of skills to create bonds and romantic relationships is to smile, talk slowly, and when you talk support what the other person is saying by saying things that involve what they're saying and keeping the focus on them. Even just telling them nice little honest things like. That's really cool, do you like??? or think??? is??? You'll learn a lot about that person and it will make you much more comfortable around them. You could try writing down a few ideas on what to say in situations like these and practice them until you feel natural saying them, even going out and doing it if you feel anxious would really help if you did it a few times, even if you're anxious and totally stumble over your words or forget what to say, it can most definitely work out. I've seen it a bunch of times, just going for it and shooting through that natural anxiety with the intention of meeting someone you love and value will probably get you where you want to go. ^-^

I joined eharmony a few years back to get myself out there. I've never tried POF or any others.

Talked to a lot of people, went on dates with a couple and then met an amazing guy on there. We've been together 3 and a half year and get married in April. So i am all for it.

I paid for a year but was on there about 2 months lol.

My brother used it afterwards and met his previous gf of a year and again to meet his current gf of a year.

I would just say go in with an open mind. Even if you don't meet The One you could get to know some nice people, boost your confidence and enjoy a few dates. At worst you'll have some funny stories x

I tried match.com a while ago and saw lots of the same profiles that are on pof.

So, I've decided that after almost 4 years of being single, it's time for me to take the plunge and attempt to meet Mr Right! I have in the past tried Plenty of Fish which was really not my cup of tea and hence, I've been a bit put off for a few years.

I'm considering joining a paid site (eHarmony/Match.com) but wondered if anyone had any feedback? I've looked at the prices and it works out cheaper per month to join for 12 months but I'd hopefully not be looking for that long! Does anyone have any suggestions on how long a membership I should be considering?

I don't get out much so don't get the chance to meet anyone in "real life", which is why I'm thinking of online!

Thanks x
Rather embarrassing but met mine through tinder! Tried Match.com but just got loads of weirdos! Had a great time on tinder, met some lovely men but as with any online site you need to google, google and google some more! It's amazing what you can learn with just a little info before you meet. 3 years on and very happy. Good luck but stay safe xx ps one of my besties did meet hers through match.com and 5 years later they are moving in together.

I met my husband on a social media site. It wasn't online dating but similar to Facebook. That was 10 years ago and we have been married almost 5 years, with an 18 month old and a baby on the way! Still going strong! Good luck! X

How about Tinder? Any first hand experience when it comes to this? I mean, not on the sexual aspect please. LOL.

I met my husband online 16 year ago. I think that says a lot. Have fun, be safe and just enjoy the meeting people process!

Latest posts

Back