Online Mentor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissBella

Reaction score
I am looking at starting up my own business very soon and i am feeling a little lost as i don't know what kind of equipment i need for certain treatment (I don't plan on doing the treatments myself, i only do nails) and would really appreciate if one of you kind geeks could be my online mentor :o

H!

I love your profile picture....gorgeous!

I'm sure you'll get lots of help and advice on here. I've run my own business before and have plenty of experience in equipment buying if you need a helping hand X I'm a Beauty Therapist by trade x

I didn't want to read and run.
I think it's a lovely idea. I know I could do with a mentor sometimes. There are some very knowledgeable geeks on here. I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you.
Xx

What do you need help with?

All you need to do is ask away... this is a great forum for you as you will be able to canvass lots of opinion.

I plan on renting all of the spaces out with all the equipment, the therapist will only need their products and tools.

The salon has 4 spaces for hairdressers which has 2 backwashes and 4 styling units and a storage room and shelving for products, Is this all they would need?

Also i plan on having one room for spray tanning and possibly a flabelos machine, another for waxing then the 3rd private treatment room for massage and similar treatments. I'm not sure what equipment would be needed apart from the obvious beds, storage, tanning tent and spray machine and waiting chairs.

Then there is a space that is open, the company who were originally going to rent these spaces out were planning on having 3 treatment beds :| I'm not sure what kind of treatments they planned offer in such an open space but i toyed with the idea of having this space for pedicures and maybe fish pedicures or it has been suggested tattoo artists?

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated :Love:

H!

I love your profile picture....gorgeous!

I'm sure you'll get lots of help and advice on here. I've run my own business before and have plenty of experience in equipment buying if you need a helping hand X I'm a Beauty Therapist by trade x

Thank you :D

In the space that is open, what about nail/manicure/pedicure stations?

To be honest the unit sounds very big... Have you got enough staff/clients to service that much space?

im with previous poster it does sound like a very large space for a start up, and from my experience will require alot of money to be thrown at it to get it known to the public, also the renting out of all the sections may take some time to fill. you also need to bear in mind that those that do rent may only stick at it a couple of months especially if they are not getting the client flow. I dont want to sound negative I just want you to be aware (in case you havent thought of it). As for your open space i would say mani pedi area is probably the best idea. hth

I forgot to mention that there is already a space for all nail treatments, The unit is quite big but i am confident that i can make it work as it is in an ideal location with a lot of people passing, i already have some interest in people wanting to the rent the spaces too.

Hi
Just joined to hopefully help you a little. I have run a business for 10 years now. It does sound big but if you are determined plan carefully. Self employed therapists will work better if they are self contained in a treatment room. I rent rooms that contain a bed, sink cupboards and mag lamp and towels. It is then up to the therapist to kit it out with whatever they want to work with. I have set product ranges so there is no conflict and they work with as many of them as they wish. Room sharing with self employed therapists does not work. Apart from the spray tan. From a hair point of view they tend to need two stations to work from so make sure you can cover your costs.
Good luck

Thank you Josie* i will keep all of that in mind :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back