Online nail technician training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiskiestEnd

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone cam help please. I would like to train as a nail technician, and my loval college doesn’t have any courses .

Are there any courses I can do online that would result in my being able to practice professionally? I’m only interested in doing gels at this stage, as already do them for myself and friends, however some of my work colleagues have asked if I would do theirs and I’m reluctant to do so without formal quals and insurance.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

B x

I personally wouldn't recommend online training. There are loads of places you can get training from it doesn't have to be your local college. Look on any brand website and there will probably be an education or training section, or on trade sites like Salon services or Ellisons. If I'd had the chance I'd definitely have trained with CND but they aren't in my area.

Thanks Traveller75. Although I would love to do a course, Unfortunately online may prove to be my only option due to current work commitments

I am doing The Gel Bottle course in the New Year. Definitely look into which brands you like and see if they do training courses.

I have done both the lash lift and tint and lash extension course with amaratree. Online training worked well for me as I was training around other work commitments. So this enabled me to train and at my own pace.

Kerrie x

I’d be wary about spending money with online training for anything other than the theory side of Nail technology.
Online training won’t get you a nationally recognised qualification so you won’t be able to shop around for insurance or buy direct from certain pro brand companies who only sell to Nail Techs holding recognised qualifications such as CND and Nail Harmony, OPI, etc.

Also, some councils are introducing local licensing laws that require you to hold a recognised qualification before working on the public.
Contact your council directly to check the situation in your area.

Admittedly I was wary at first but I needed to work so i chose to do an online course to get me started. I have not had any issues obtaining insurance or signing up to well known brands. But you should always check with your council as all councils have a different set of rules.
Kerrie x

Latest posts

Back