Only bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The beauty lady

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm currently think about changing hairdresser. My current one says I cant have anything else other then bleach on my hair if I want it blonde. My natural colour is dark blonde/light brown. Is this true? I'm sick of the yellowness of it. And toners literally last 1 wash.

If the toners aren’t lasting more than about 4-6 shampoos, it might be your hair care regime that’s the problem.

Are you using a purple shampoo or conditioner weekly to help neutralise the yellow tones?
What usual shampoo do you use? Some shampoos contain cheap bulking agents that are too alkaline and can strip the colour. So for anyone who isn’t a natural blonde, they need to accept that it requires a lot of regular maintenance to keep it looking good.

Are you using straighteners on it? They need to be set on the lower setting, no higher than 160°. You might be surprised at how much colour comes out when you use heated tools on the hair.

Hi yeah I was using osmo super silver on it. I had a full head of blonde for years and it wasnt just bleach that she used at my old hairdressers. I only use my dyson hairdryer and styling tools maybe once a month. I have very long hair and I find the bottom foils can be in am hour before shes fully finished the top. Can this mean the top ones aren't as developed?

With long or a high density of hair, I’d expect the hairdresser to use 2 or 3 batches of bleach mix. So applying a weaker bleach solution on the first foils and mix up a fresh batch of a stronger solution on the last foils to ensure they finish processing at the same time. That’s the usual practice.

Is the hair a deep yellow or pale yellow when it’s processed?
Maybe post a picture or visit another salon for a consultation and see what they advise when they examine the hair?

A deeper yellow. Just the top ones along hairline and roots near partening. So it's just bleach that would work? Is there any other way I can get a different colour blonde?

Latest posts

Back