Only one client can't keep nails on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeBluNails

Reaction score
I am a solo nail tech, my main products I use are Ugly Duckling hard gel, and soft gel systems. I have one client that has nails that are not ideal (anxiety nail biter damage) and she has tried every service I offer but they do not tend to last more then 2 weeks. I have tried aprez gel X tips on her and they didint stay. I sculpted this most recent set and they did not last. Some fingers stay on but her main fingers (thumb, pointer, and middle) refuse to stay on. Even gel overlays tend to heavily chip on her. All my other clients can keep their nails on between services with the occasional chip or one bad nail. What could I be doing wrong on thus specific client? (Last gel overlay I did on her for nail type refference)

Attachments

• 20220118_200746.jpg
    20220118_200746.jpg
    966.8 KB · Views: 33
Can yoube more specific about how they come off?

Lifting? From where first? Free edge or cuticle zone 3?

You mentioned chipping, what type of chips? Corners? Centre of free edge?

Does she pick/prise/chew them off?

If all your other clients have no issues with are you taking the blame, maybe it's her not you.

I have to say for a nail biter two weeks is pretty amazing. I can bite off a full set in 3 days!

Can yoube more specific about how they come off?

Lifting? From where first? Free edge or cuticle zone 3?

You mentioned chipping, what type of chips? Corners? Centre of free edge?

Does she pick/prise/chew them off?

If all your other clients have no issues with are you taking the blame, maybe it's her not you.
This client does not tend to give me details when i ask, the recent set was after she did some house cleaning and the main fingers all "came off". When i do overlays with her it tends to chip from the free edge, I do dry manicures and make sure there is no cuticle getting in the way, I prep her exactly like i do with all my other clients. Once she looses a couple nails she tends to rip them off even when i give her the file after service so she can file them at home if she needs to (i do not reuse my files so i give them to the client). She is my most high maintenance client and i have had to set boundaries with her in the past cause she tends to reschedule/be late often (like up to an hour before the service and has been an hour late to an appointment before).

And thank you Trinity, She has had those cheap nail shops keep her nails on before from what i understand but they used acrylic. Maybe i should send her to a acrylic nail tech? I have tried everything to keep these on her and have been researching constantly to make them work.

This client does not tend to give me details when i ask, the recent set was after she did some house cleaning and the main fingers all "came off". When i do overlays with her it tends to chip from the free edge, I do dry manicures and make sure there is no cuticle getting in the way, I prep her exactly like i do with all my other clients. Once she looses a couple nails she tends to rip them off even when i give her the file after service so she can file them at home if she needs to (i do not reuse my files so i give them to the client). She is my most high maintenance client and i have had to set boundaries with her in the past cause she tends to reschedule/be late often (like up to an hour before the service and has been an hour late to an appointment before).

And thank you Trinity, She has had those cheap nail shops keep her nails on before from what i understand but they used acrylic. Maybe i should send her to a acrylic nail tech? I have tried everything to keep these on her and have been researching constantly to make them work.

Then its entirely her responsibility not yours, she sounds like incredibly hard work. Make sure you are not allowing yourself to become responsible for her bad behaviour towards her nails. Stop turning yourself inside out trying to fix problems you haven't created.

Latest posts

Back