Only the facts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
One of the things that has made the "Sacred secret site of Nail Technology" AKA the Geek site :king: unique from many of the other sites around, is that technical questions asked are not answered with opinions but answered with the facts from qualified Educators and Senior technicians. This is why the site and the information gathered from it is so well respected.

I have been noticing recently that some technical questions are being answered starting with, "I think ..... :huh: etc etc." ... We KNOW where to find the answers if we don't know for a fact that what we are going to say is correct. :study:

I'm sure we all love input from everyone, but let us keep it factual and not based on opinion ... otherwise issues get confused. :? If you are not sure of an answer, then look it up from a reliable source :study: before putting your answers in print. Otherwise it could be the "blind leading the blind" 8) so to speak and the information will no longer be held a reliable.

Please don't let this post deter you from answering questions :?: ... Just make sure your answers are based on fact not opinion. :D

What do you all think? Do you agree or not?

Yes i agree geeg :)

I think that its very very important for new and budding techs to be able to come here and know they are getting the correct answer to their questions, not and educated guess.

The amount of information on this site is amazing, and im sure alot of us wouldnt be where we are without the accruate advice many have been given over and over.

Yes its lovely to want to help, but trying to make a guess at what a problem could be might only lead to other problems for an inexperienced tech.

I know that when i do have a problem i can come here and know that i will get the right answer 100% of the time, and that makes me feel confident in taking the advice i am given and gives me confidence to put it into practice.

I do think that is what sets this board apart from any other place on the net around the world.

Kerrie :)

As a newbie myself I must admit that facts are vital. I quite agree that when it comes to technical advice then it does need to be on the ball, in order that I develop into a good nail techncian.

It keeps us all on the right track and sets us apart from all those that are providing a bad service - and unfortunately they are out there.

I have looked at a couple of different boards but I've always felt very confident with this site. Having Geek, Mrs Geek and Geeg on the site makes you feel very sure of the advice you are getting. Afterall, they are directly involved with a top notch company and I think its great that they give so much time to this board. It's one of the big reason why I've chosen Creative for my training. Apart from the fact that their products are pukka, I can see that ongoing advice and support is readily available and gives me tons more confidence in succeeding as a nail tech.

I have been noticing recently that some technical questions are being answered starting with, "I think ..... etc etc." ... We KNOW where to find the answers if we don't know for a fact that what we are going to say is correct.

I suppose we enjoy this site soooo much that we have ended up 'chatting' alot, thinking out loud sort of thing, which has resulted with what you say. Its so great to beable to interact with so many good nail techs that sometimes we forget what this board is really about!!

But its great!!!! and so is the advice

:pukeoff: sorry I'm sounding a bit of a creep now aren't I :oops: Its just that I wouldn't be pushing myself to succeed with becoming a nail tech - which is what I reeeeally want - if it weren't for this board.

Tamm

I certainally agree after finishing my NVQ19 and doing a creative conversion course after being in the industry for 4 years my eyes were really opened with info I did not know so to have found a site that is factual is so important. Its like have the expertise in your own front room.

I certainly agree with Gigi on this one. However with so many Creative etc. experts on here it is a bit awesome posting a reply whilst quivering in the background as to whether you are correct - even if your gut instinct is that you are. LOL

Also there seems to be a difference in what is perceived to be correct depending on who you train with. For example removing shine vs. "etching" (eek) the nail. The etchers have been trained so they feel this to be correct. There is a huge difference between 240 and 100 grits !

I read with interest the recent description of Onycholysis and the so called experts all had different descriptions.

What hope have us mere mortals got of knowing whats right and wrong if the "experts" running other nail companies cant necessarily get it right ;)

Let's hope with this board we can get everyone in the industry UP to our standards.

Well fiona, I'm with you all the way... I cringe at what the 'experts' say sometimes which is why we make such a point on this site of only answering with factual replies. If you trust that this is correct, then you always have a base to check up on what you have read elsewhere. You are probably more expert than most of the industry 'experts' with your knowledge from this site.

I can't see how opinions can differ as to what Onycholysis is. There are many different causes of the condition, but the condition is simply described as being characterized by the nail plate separating from the nail bed. End of story.

In a recent magazine, one supposed expert, when commenting on the watchdog programme, made herself look very foolish in my opinion, when she commented that MMA sticks 'too' well to the nail plate ... missing the point entirely that it is not the MMA that sticks to the nail plate, but the deep etching process that makes it 'key' into the plate. MMA actually does not bond well at all to a normal clean nail plate. This person is supposed to be an expert? Most of these 'experts' just sell products ... they don't actually know much about how they work and they are mostly not technicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back