Onycholysis help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annebet

Reaction score
Hi Guys not been on for a while been on my hols and in hospital, anyway the question is I caught my nail while away on holiday and it looks like the nail is coming away from the nail bed, so I have got some curanail, will I be able to still put a tip on if I keep it short till it goes ? I know it could take about 6 month to grow out, I really don't want to leave it as it with no tip as it doesn't look nice, I have been puting solar oil on also so hopefully it will clear up fast with the curnail. Thanx for any help :)

Be careful with products like Curanail! It says it's a 'prescription strength treatment for fungal nail infections'.

Oncholyosis is not a fungal infection, Fungal infections are uncommon in the fingernails. Oncholyosis is the nail plate seperating from the nail bed, causing the nail bed to be exposed underneath the nail, so putting anything other than solar oil down there is not recommended, you are likely to make it worse and risk the problem being longterm.

Yes, a tip can still be applied as long as the oncholyosis is no more then 2/3rds of the nail. Keep it short. Use solar oil, this will keep the nail bed soft and encourage to knit back to the nail plate.

Hope this helps

Hiya Stoney thanx for replying I didnt think I would need the curanail just ordered it just incase,I will just stick to the solar oil and keep the enhancements short. :)

for onycholysis i use thymol from young nails which you pop down the back of the nail, its fabulous stuff and has rescued a few of my nails from nss disasters. wouldnt be without it

Latest posts

Back