Onycholysis- what should I do now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uber

Reaction score
My little finger suffered trauma through filing and an incorrectly fitted nail tip.

During a rebalance I did not feel when i began filing the actual nail rather than the product using an e-file.

I ended up removing the remaining product when I finally realised and it began to feel sore. I noticed that around the free edge the nail had concaved which I felt must have been caused by the nail tip I used.

I left the nail for almost 2 weeks when the soreness had gone and I could cut away the concaved section. I then decided to reapply product on Sunday gone. By yesterday i noticed the whitetish discoloration signalling Onychblahblah. I removed the product thinking this would be best but in hindsight should have just cut the enhancement short since I wear them long. I am not sure whether i should reapply product to protect the nail whilst it grows out or just leave it and baby it.

:irked:

Suggestions please:)!!!!

Gonna try and add pic below

My little finger suffered trauma through filing and an incorrectly fitted nail tip.
During a rebalance I did not feel when i began filing the actual nail rather than the product using an e-file

I don't think it was the incorrectly fitted tip that did it. I think you caused the truama by overfiling as you say in the 2nd sentence above.

Keep it short, so that you don't catch it on anything. Without seeing a picture, I can't judge how bad it is. So, I would suggest either just applying Shelac or a bit of resin & wrap to offer a teensy bit of protection to prevent it tearing or peeling.

hth's

Thanks for the reply.

unfortunately i do not have shellac or a wrap.

I have to quickly pop out. I will try to upload my pic when I get back. I'm just trying to decrease the file size at the moment :)

on the right hand side it has lifted away but I have cut this off to avoid catching it on something

picture quality is poor, sorry!

Attachments

• nail.jpg
    nail.jpg
    611 bytes · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back