Onyx silver, help without prelightening? Anyone please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kkmorley28

Reaction score
Dear geeks,
I'm currently using affinage onyx on a clients hair . Which has to pre lighted first! I was wondering if any one has achieved a dark grey/silver with out prelighting first. The client has about 40% natural grey mainly round front and is a base 5.
She lovelys the colour , but has really sensitive skin due to meds.
So would like to avoid the prelighting part , she don't mind if the grey colour is a darker base, as I can pop foils thought, but need the coverage too !! Help! Suggests would be great !!

Do you have a pic of what it looks like? I've not seen that shade before

I don't use that line but your are working on less than 50% white hair so the natural base will dominate your outcome. Permanent grey and metallic shades will have a neutralizing effect when lifting natural levels due to the the warmth that you will create. To achieve a true ash tone the undertone needs to be at least a level or two than your target otherwise it will brown-out! :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 30
I don't use that line but your are working on less than 50% white hair so the natural base will dominate your outcome. Permanent grey and metallic shades will have a neutralizing effect when lifting natural levels due to the the warmth that you will create. To achieve a true ash tone the undertone needs to be at least a level or two than your target otherwise it will brown-out! :p
Thanks for yr reply, I didn't think there was a way round it ! For id thought I'd ask anyway! Will have to try and use something milder to prelightne with .

do you know what level that shade sits on?

Roughly 9 ,10 , is doesn't have to be too pale , the onyx is 6.1117 , so it covers fine .

Could you double process by using it twice? 1'st time would probably give a neutral tone but 2nd go would go very grey, only thing is you won't get that nice translucency you would on pre lightened, framesi do a new grey range too their nice but Demi's rather than permanant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    973.6 KB · Views: 29
I believe the gothic range requires prelightening to level 10, does it not?

To get the best results from the gothic range make sure you are at a level 10 and pre tone to take out any warmth. Apply desired shade onto dry clean hair with two parts converter. Process for the full amount of time of 20mins.

Latest posts

Back