Opaque powder acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLB

Reaction score
so ive gone to infill a client who is a friend ive had for years she models and wanted natural nom french enhancements ive used my opague powder that is normally used for extending nail beds. first application lovely we did a pink shimmger glitter fade on the tips and it looked lovely gone to infill and rebalance she wanted the shimmer removing as her next assigent she has on sunday she needs to have natural or nude colour nails gone file down bulk and lifted areas and did prep etc but i could see lines from were the old met the new product? is this cos i worked too wet? x

im bumping this up as i would like an answer if possible please.

Lines in opaque powders or.'marbling' is due to making your beads with different mix ratios.

The trick to working flawlessly with opaque coverage powders is to make sure you lay your beads over each other like tiles on a roof.

To explain ... Place your bead and press it out and smooth over it making sure you never leave a ridge toward Zone 3. Then place your zone 3 bead and press it out and smooth it over the the bead you did before ... In this way you will never see marks even if your ratios are slightly different.

An alternative way to work flawlessly with opaque powders, is to use just one large bead to cover both Zones at once.

Remember you are learning this from a CND educator!! :)

I have 'hearted' you for asking an interesting question!

Last edited:
I work with larger beads where possible with opaque :D I find that my EzFlow opaque marbles really easy but CND neutral pink opaque is the bomb for getting amazing coverage with very little effort involved to keep an even finish :D xx

Lines in opaque powders or.'marbling' is due to making your beads with different mix ratios.

The trick to working flawlessly with opaque coverage powders is to make sure you lay your beads over each other like tiles on a roof.

To explain ... Place your bead and press it out and smooth over it making sure you never leave a ridge toward Zone 3. Then place your zone 3 bead and press it out and smooth it over the the bead you did before ... In this way you will never see marks even if your ratios are slightly different.

An alternative way to work flawlessly with opaque powders, is to use just one large bead to cover both Zones at once.

Remember you are learning this from a CND educator!! :)
I have 'hearted' you for asking an interesting question!

No totally appreciate and honoured for the reply and the like Geeg!!

Thank you makes sense i guess as u say perfect nail form with brush and not file!

Thanku

Latest posts

Back