Open Salon in mobile Park

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeceliaC145

Reaction score
Has anyone every opened a beauty/hair business in a mobile/carvan park. I live 10mins drive away from one that would have 100 mobile homes onside which open in March till October. Was thinking of renting one out for a year and set up a small beauty salon to get my name out there. Where I live I don't have space to set up at home. my job 40min drive which I'm sick of. Where I do live there alot of holiday homes also.
Any advice would be great.

I’m in the USA, and I think that is a good idea. Depending on the demographics. Retirees? Young families? How much disposable income do you reckon is there? Do you do men‘s cuts?

did I read right that it’s only open March-October?

I worked in a private gated community in Santa Fe and they loved having someone on site.

Has anyone every opened a beauty/hair business in a mobile/carvan park. I live 10mins drive away from one that would have 100 mobile homes onside which open in March till October. Was thinking of renting one out for a year and set up a small beauty salon to get my name out there. Where I live I don't have space to set up at home. my job 40min drive which I'm sick of. Where I do live there alot of holiday homes also.
Any advice would be great.

We have a touring caravan so some experience with sites, I'm fairly sure many of them have restrictions on commercial use with the grounds so you'll need to check that first.

My other concern is what will you do October to March? Mobile? Rent elsewhere? What would be the plan for your regulars (from either location)? If you have to move off site completely during off season where will you put your equipment? Set up and breakdown every six months could become expensive and draining.

I'd probably consider setting up somewhere close to home and the site but offer a great exclusive deal to park users, not discounts but added extras or exclusive treatments.

Hi, I live in an area surrounded by caravan parks and my family run one themselves so these are my comments:
  • Parks have to agree to you running a business on their premises and their response is usually NO because of insurance / H&S etc.
  • Caravan owners themselves are not allowed to promote their businesses on site
  • Commercial vehicles are generally no longer allowed to park on site either
  • If you do mobile around the pitches, you will encounter lots of problems such as space, hot awnings to work in, whole family and kids/dogs getting in the way, not relaxing
  • If you are planning to use a pitch for yourself you will have big annual rent to pay, even if they did allow it, which I doubt.
They only way a salon for holidaymakers around here has worked is by having a small unit next to an on- site hair salon in the complex alongside the pub and amusements. The lady is only there in the season and it is very cheap pricing and mostly walk ins.

Sorry about all the negatives.
Obviously I have a home based salon in the village but I cater for the locals all year round. I have a small number of regular season clients who are lovely but I have to say that the 'one-off' visitors are a pain - don't turn up, don't want to pay the full price, want walk in appointments and like to complain to get a refund!
Your target market should be the more well off in the area such as the site & tourist business owners.

As Trinity says above, find somewhere locally and offer a discount to the van owners, win win then.

Thanks CFBS and Trinity gives me somthing to thing about and to research a bit more ❤

Latest posts

Back