Opening a hair salon, can I offer gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlaanzuino

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am opening a hair salon with a business partner and we are looking torent out some space for some beauty treatments.
we would like to put in a nail bar just to offer basic manicures/pedicures with gel polish. I have tried to look online to see what requirements there are for this in terms of ventilation/licences etc but I can only see info for all nail treatments including nail extensions etc. Has anybody had any experience in this?Would be really greatful for any advice please.
Thanks in advance

In the States, if you have a cosmetology license you can do nails.

Regulations and laws in terms of technician safety regarding air and allergy is quite weak. Its really up to the technician to take care of these important things.

You'll need a machine that collects the dust from the acrylic and you will need a machine that collects vapor from the acrylic. Vapor is when liquid turns into a gas. This gas is breath into the lungs when its not collected. Vapor is not the same as odor.

If you do not take care of these safety issues, you may end up harming your health.

You'll need a machine that collects the dust from the acrylic and you will need a machine that collects vapor from the acrylic. Vapor is when liquid turns into a gas. This gas is breath into the lungs when its not collected. Vapor is not the same as odor. If you do not take care of these safety issues, you may end up harming your health.

She said basic manicures plus Gel Polish not Acrylic. You don’t get many hair salons offering acrylic nails precisely because of the smell.

In the States, if you have a cosmetology license you can do nails.

Regulations and laws in terms of technician safety regarding air and allergy is quite weak. Its really up to the technician to take care of these important things.

You'll need a machine that collects the dust from the acrylic and you will need a machine that collects vapor from the acrylic. Vapor is when liquid turns into a gas. This gas is breath into the lungs when its not collected. Vapor is not the same as odor.

If you do not take care of these safety issues, you may end up harming your health.
Hi, thank you for your reply’s.
Yes, I found out yesterday that you do not actually need a premises licence which suprised me.
Yes we will only be offering basic manicures with gel polish. I guess if we have a desk with an extractor underneath this would be sufficient?

Latest posts

Back