Opening a Tanning Salon in London?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEVERTOOTANNED

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been doing Sienna X spray tans for about 6 months now and I do love it, but I work all day in an office then do it all evenings leaving me little to no room for a social life!

I live in Islington, London 1 min walk from a tube station above a pub on a main road, so my home is so ideal for people to come to to get tans. I am quite busy and no longer advertise, I just rely on my website to bring people to me (which it does).

Anyway, it's my dream to quit my job and do tanning full time. The questions I have are:

Should I just continue from home/mobile or get a salon?

Would doing just tans in a salon be viable or am I dreaming?!!?

Are winters really quiet - I've only had a spring and summer of tanning, not a winter yet.

Any help and advice would be FANTASTIC!

Thank you.

Im not expert, but I rekon you may need more than just tanning in a salon. Mobile/home you could get away with just tanning (atleast your an expert in your field instead of being 'alright' in loads of treatments!).

However, I worked part time in a tanning salon and that was the only service offered. She did alright there, but she could have made soooo much more money incoporating more treatments. If you dont fancy learning them yourself, why not rent a room of your salon to another girl or a nail bar.

That draws in more customers (which im sure you know lol dont wanna bore you with what you already know) but I just think it would help you more.

I wish you good luck anyway and im sure if youre busy now you will remain busy as a mobile/home or salon owner :)

xx

Latest posts

Back