Opening day ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I'm moving salon premises and am thinking of doing a opening day but have no idea how to do this?

Do I do this for a whole day or couple of hours at end of a working day?

What sort of things do you do- as people come in to say hi and see the salon but what else to keep them entertained? I hate this sort of thing :-s

I would really appreciate any ideas and help.

That sounds lovely :) I'd be tempted to do a couple of hours as I'd rather it be busy than do a whole day and just have one or two clients at a time but that's just me.

As a client I'd love to see canapés (doesn't have to be mega posh just nice to have a nibble) maybe a glass of juice/fizz, mini treatments ie file and polish/15min massage/brow shape, if you do facials maybe a couple samples with a price list to introduce them. Some balloons outside in your salon colours to attract attention would be nice and maybe a personal invite to other local businesses. My imagination is running away but could you do a raffle type thing so everyone who comes gets entered and maybe the winner gets a hamper of products or services and everyone else gets 10% off their first appointment.

With you saying you hate it rather than putting yourself on the spot and doing talks or anything I'd make it informal and just mill around, introduce yourself or chat whilst doing mini treatments because that way you'll be more relaxed.

Good luck I'm sure it'll be fab :)

Thank you for your reply great ideas thank you.

there is only me and another therapist so I didn't think about doing treatments at the open day is this what most people tend to do/ the expected thing? I'm moving two minutes from where my current is so I would presume most the clients who will come on the open day would be my current clients- just to see the new premises and have some nibbles and drink.

I was thinking maybe doing some sort of gift voucher offer- pay £20 get £30 voucher or pay ££30 get £40 voucher or something like that? Or do the 10% of first treatments as mentioned?

The raffle also sounds a good idea- would I give them a ticket when they come in then do the raffle at the end? Silly question but where do I get raffle tickets from lol?

Opening days are pretty much common place here. Some go big and others not.
The idea is you want people to notice you so for a few hours you take over the street, or well the pavement. It’s not actually a whole day, just a few hours, usually 7-11 here, in the afternoon but it’s sort of a party kind of thing. You need music, not the usual relaxing salon type though, but mainstream. And perhaps a few tables on the street for people to be able to stay and chat when you are not available. Invite other local businesses and inform them about it so you don’t have a problem. Don’t do any treatments that day, as that will take too much of your time on a single person. Instead go around and chat a lot. You want people to get to know you. Be informative, give out flyers, the raffle idea is good. 10% is also good.
Another idea is when they pick their ticket for the ruffle then it goes along with a ticket for a small treatment for them. So say they pick number 25 and they earn a 5 min foot massage with it, regardless if they win or not. Food and drinks are a must. Not just fizzy drinks. What adults usually drink, lots of bear, some alcohol some wine. Some people hire djs and catering services but I guess it would sound strange to your ear.

Just think of it as a party and you can’t go wrong.

Oh and spread out some flyers and posters regarding this opening day party a few days before. It will attract some new people this way.

Thank you for your replies this is really starting to stress me out :-s

I don't know when to do the opening day- I'm moving everything out of my current shop to the new shop which I'm planning to do over a weekend- sat night and Sunday/ Monday (as we close sunday Mondays)

so when would the best time to do the opening day- we open again on Tuesday but I thought this would be a strange day to open? Would it be best to try get everything done and do a opening day on the Sunday for a couple of hours when most people are of work?

And what does everyone do to promote there open day? I know I can put it on Facebook and email current clients but do I send leaflets out to the local area advertising our open day?

The shop should be ready by the end of this month and I was hoping to do the move the first weekend in November (4th) so I'm not sure if this is enough time to start sending leaflets?

Well here most shops start working normally to sort out their last bits and bumps here and there and have their opening day some time within the 1st month
DON’T do it on a Sunday. Most people will be with their families then and it’s unlikely you will attract new people. Just the ones who were planning to come anyway.
You need people to notice you. People who had no idea about you, not just your old customers who are going to follow you anyway. Do it on an afternoon market day. That way you will attract unconscious shoppers that will be curious to know what’s going on
Spread posters and flyers in the surrounding streets and areas during the last week. Make sure to invite the shop owners adjacent and opposite you

Latest posts

Back