opening day ~ party bags

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
well, hoping to start in a room on Nov 1st above a hairdressers, and although I don't want to do the whole champagne, cutting the ribbon kind of opening, I would like to have a bit of ooooomph.

So, thought I would make up some party bags with some money off vouchers (with a very short expiry date on them).

Then, thought I would put on the flyers that I'm about to get printed, that the first 50 clients get a party bag.

So, firstly, do you think it would work?
Secondly, what should I put in them that will not break the bank.

I don't do beauty so have no professional range that I work with. But so far have come up with:

• few tumble stones wrapped in some voile
  • personalised jelly babies or lollipop (put personalised sticker on it/them)
  • a salt scrub sachet
  • herbal tea bags
  • info sheet on something like aromatherapy
  • little booklet of money off vouchers, recommend a friend, etc

maybe you could include trial sizes of some of the products you will be using so they know what they are going to be getting in a treatment

I don't use anything commercial to get samples.
I get sweet almond in large quantity, I can't afford to buy bottles of essential oils to give away, I use talc for reflexology, etc, etc.

Hi Hippy chick.:)

What about crystals? An amythyst or a grounding stone or something on those lines.

Its a difficult one when you dont use comercial products.

I'll keep thinking (now thats rare!!)

Good luck by the way with you new business venture. :hug::hug:

thanks lavender blue (love the name).

would appreciate your grey matter on this matter!!!:green:

You used to be able to get empty pinkie size bottles from somewhere (cost less than £1 per bottle) at one time - if you get loads of sweet almond oil why not think about putting some in these pinkie bottles to put in your gift bags.

I just for the life of me cant remember where they were from.

How much do you want to spend per goodie bag?

you can get those bottles from superdrug.

no, don't want to do that, would rather have glitzy packaging and try not to make it look too homemade.

the gift bags are going to be like the brown carrier bags that you get from the chinese in white with my name and logo on, they cost about 50p each.
Will put about £2.50 into each bag.

am looking into chunks of rose quartz at the moment as I was thinking of making healing bath bags up, some muslin, a chunk of crystal, sea salt and essential oils packaged up into a pretty purse bag.

I could make my own bathbombs up too.

Have lots of cellophane bags and lots of cellophane on a roll.

am looking into chunks of rose quartz at the moment as I was thinking of making healing bath bags up, some muslin, a chunk of crystal, sea salt and essential oils packaged up into a pretty purse bag.

I could make my own bathbombs up too.

Have lots of cellophane bags and lots of cellophane on a roll.
That sounds like a good idea,
i would like to recieve something like that if i was one of your first 50 clients and it will look pretty too

Can you not purchase the pinky sizes of creative solar oils? Ellisons do them if you cant order from sweet squared.

You can get the mini size solar butter hand creams too. Just a thought.

I don't really want to give them things that don't relate to the business. If I give them nail things then they may wonder why I don't do nails?

thought I would put on the flyers that the first XX clients through the door get a party/goodie bag.

how many do you think I should offer?

Firstly thought 50, then keep on bringing the numbers down LOL! Now thinking do 15 and spend a bit more on them.

you can get those bottles from superdrug.

no, don't want to do that, would rather have glitzy packaging and try not to make it look too homemade.

the gift bags are going to be like the brown carrier bags that you get from the chinese in white with my name and logo on, they cost about 50p each.
Will put about £2.50 into each bag.

Hi, where'd you get the bags from, are they pre-printed with your logo?

ebay.
type in personalised paper bags

have also ordered personalised balloons £16.95 for 30

try looking at job lots on ebay theres loads of cheap bits i just got 24 crown shaped make up sharpeners for £5.00, just might get yourself a bargin!!

Hi I just noticed this thread and am interested to know how the party bags went? Did you end up doing them and were they a success? xx

Latest posts

Back