OPI AXXIUM Gel Lacquer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Ruby

Reaction score
Afternoon geeks, I have just come across this opi soak off gel laccquer in Scratch Mag....has anyone tried it yet, would love to hear some more on it. xx

Hi,

I had a demo of it at the excel show to see how well it lasted etc, four weeks later it had not budged and as a therapist my hands are in and out of water. I would have taken it off sooner had i had the proper remover!

Anyway, just done the training and so far so good. Their gels match their most popular polishes so if the client wanted they can take the polish to 'touch it up' if they was going away etc, but as i said mine had gone nowhere and kept the shine, so i think they are really good.

Hope this helps you.

Sounds fab will have to look into this too.

I was wondering about this too........might have to give them a ring and get more info!

Thank you so much for that orchid11...it does sound fab alright I was dying to hear what other geeks thought of it ! Well I guess id better give the suppliers a ring tomorrow and see what happens, i cant wait to try it. xx

Hi Honey

I purchased the kits at Excel and love them. As already stated I have a friend who is a therapist and her hands are never out of water/products.

Her nails have been on for 5 weeks know a really need to come off:lol:

I'm really excited to hear good things about this as I'm having an OPI educator in the salon next Wednesday to demo this for me. I don't use anything from OPI though. Do they require their own lamp? I just can't buy a 4th lamp! And they do seem quite expensive though, no? Maybe they'll be offering an intro price or something next week.

Hi
I did my training over 2 weeks ago and my clients love it no more waiting for nails to dry, no more chipping easy to use and the colours are lovely. I have got my timing down to 40 mins so am impressed with the time factor as well as my clients. I have a client who loves gardening and she came in last saturday for an infill and I couldnt believe it I was well impressed not a chip and so was she as normally after a couple of days with normal polish they are a mess. All I can say is try it you will be impressed - Also have all the colours and they are all lovely and there is another 6 coming out in the summer and hopefully a white as my clients are getting itchy feet as they want to try this as well. Easy to soak off and easy to infill.

I am so tempted with this, strange because I've never been tempted by coloured gel before! They do an intro kit, but I'm not sure if that includes training or a lamp.......

I love them clients love them it's all good!! Colour lasts for ages and they look just like a polish not thick at all. did anyone see then in the Sun paper yesterday? had two call about them this morning already! you can buy intro kit that comes with a lamp not sure about prices call lean white as they would know more.:green:

Im very tempted by this as they seem to do a lot of the really popular polish colours in the gel, (ie lincoln park after dark) Think I may have to have a little fact find, lol!

I saw some demo's at Excel and a friend had a demo nail done.

Pigment is good, but there is no strength to it at all. You can't extend with it. I've also heard it can take quite a while to soak off, in comparison to other soak-off gels.

Personally, I think it offers promise but has some way to go yet.

Thanks to all who replied...Im going to have to wait for another few weeks to get to try this gel as the opi supplier in Ireland doesnt have it in stock just yet....but I cant wait it sounds really good. xxx

I saw some demo's at Excel and a friend had a demo nail done.

Pigment is good, but there is no strength to it at all. You can't extend with it. I've also heard it can take quite a while to soak off, in comparison to other soak-off gels.

Personally, I think it offers promise but has some way to go yet.
i read the samething somewhere aswell.
i can understand some people really wanting this product as it matches some of there popular nail varnishes but i personally dont understand what the hype is about as most other companies already have gel colours that do the samething.
i also thought that the article in the paper was abit misleading to people as the title called it a varnish.even tough i know when you read it,it does mention a uv light.
im sorry if i sounded harsh and im sure its a great product,i love opi nail varnish they are what i use but i dont see what the hype is about
sorry.x

I think the difference between this and other colored gel is the consistency. This is meant to be JUST like polish. Go on like polish, look like polish, but wear like gel. It's not meant to add length or strength, any more than a polish adds a bit of strength just by sealing the nail. I have tried colored gels and they are just gel, colored. They still add bulk to the nail. Most people who have natural nails would prefer not to have any bulk at all, but would be ecstatic about their polish lasting longer without chips. Just my understanding..

I think the difference between this and other colored gel is the consistency. This is meant to be JUST like polish. Go on like polish, look like polish, but wear like gel. It's not meant to add length or strength, any more than a polish adds a bit of strength just by sealing the nail. I have tried colored gels and they are just gel, colored. They still add bulk to the nail. Most people who have natural nails would prefer not to have any bulk at all, but would be ecstatic about their polish lasting longer without chips. Just my understanding..
thanks for the info hun,great explaination.x

It was no thinner in application than Bio Sculpture or Calgel IMO.

Yes, agreed thinner than some of the less pigmented colour gels, but certainly no thinner than those two, and in fact the pigment faded somewhat where it thinned at the cuticle and sidewalls, making it look a bit wishy washy, but that could have been application as opposed to the gel.

It was no thinner in application than Bio Sculpture or Calgel IMO.

Yes, agreed thinner than some of the less pigmented colour gels, but certainly no thinner than those two, and in fact the pigment faded somewhat where it thinned at the cuticle and sidewalls, making it look a bit wishy washy, but that could have been application as opposed to the gel.

I have never used Bio or Calgel, so I can't compare. I have never even heard of it other than on this board. It must not be immensely popular in the U.S. I haven't used the OPI gel laquer either though, this is just my understanding of the product. I have used IBD colored gels, or gel polish, and found that to get anything NEAR good color/coverage, the nail had to be about as thick as I'd make an enhancement. My natural nail ladies didn't like it, so it sits unused. I'm not trying to put down any product just so everyone knows, it just isn't intended to be used that way. I'm hoping the OPI is.

Has anyone experienced any lifting with the OPI soak off gel? I use IBD right now and have problems with lifting at times. I love the feedback on the OPI though, been very curious about this new gel, now even more so!!

I just wanted to bring this back to say that I purchased the OPI dark collection almost 2 weeks ago and have applied it to myself and two coworkers (hairdressers). My nails have had Russian Navy on them for over a week and the only problem I have is that I file my left thumbnail and middle finger a little lol. And because it's a soak off gel, I have the tiniest amount that has worn off the left side of my right middle finger (I use this finger to scrub polish off). I am VERY happy with this product. I have experienced no lifting or chipping on natural nails (the other girls either) in over a week (which is pretty much a miracle for a nail tech and 2 hairdressers). The color saturation is great, though 3 thin coats does better than 2. I have very short natural nails and it is giving me enough strength that they are not peeling and splitting on the edge like I normally get (hence why I keep mine short and clear). And best of all, the OPI educator informed me that they can be cured with the Brisa lamp, so I did not have to purchase a new lamp, just the intro kit. 6 new colors are coming out next month too, so I'm excited.

As is only been a week, I'll come back here if I have any problems later on. :)

Latest posts

Back