OPI Axxium help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bravegirl

Reaction score
so this week i was able to start practicing with gels and brought it home to practice this weekend, i am having complications, i dont know how to get the right amount it seems like i either have to much or two little and when i hav e two little i tend to add a bit more gel which leads to two much !

not only is that one issue im havingt but i am having an issue with slight lifting on sides and its only on one side on some of them, it looks as if its lifting because the colour changes a bit as if its lifting! will i ever get good at this!

system i am using is cnd lamp with opi axxium gel.

i think the lifting is from over working as i am still learning how to work the gel with the brush!

one question i have to my trainer said the gel basde was fine but i feel like its really watery, its not like the clear gel and sculpting gel is that normal?

so this week i was able to start practicing with gels and brought it home to practice this weekend, i am having complications, i dont know how to get the right amount it seems like i either have to much or two little and when i hav e two little i tend to add a bit more gel which leads to two much !

not only is that one issue im havingt but i am having an issue with slight lifting on sides and its only on one side on some of them, it looks as if its lifting because the colour changes a bit as if its lifting! will i ever get good at this!

system i am using is cnd lamp with opi axxium gel.

i think the lifting is from over working as i am still learning how to work the gel with the brush!

one question i have to my trainer said the gel basde was fine but i feel like its really watery, its not like the clear gel and sculpting gel is that normal?

Yes, the base gel is "watery" compared to the other gels. After you prep completely, really scrub the base gel in then cure.
If you are having lifting on the sides, it is because you have cuticle that needs to be removed or the product is too thick. Overworking the gel will cause bubbles in it and pits when filing. Applying gel is completely different than l&p. You want to float the gel back and forth instead of trying to brush it on. Keep it thin at the sidewalls and cuticle area, while you build your apex. You can apply it in layers if you need to. Remember, if you have a low spot, touch the gel to one side than the other and let it level. The clear overlay gel is very runny, it's best to use the clear or soft pink sculpting gel if you are a beginner because its more viscous. If you are using the CND lamp, then I assume you have the ability to purchase CND products. CND Brisa gel is a good gel to begin with because it stays where you put it vs Axxium. Brisa is even more viscous than Axxium. Also, using the CND lamp with Axxium is not recommended by the manufacturer (even though I do). I don't have any problems with doing that. For best results, the manufacturers recommend using the lamp that belongs to the system you are using. The CND lamp is half the price of the OPI Axxium lamp and it works just fine for me.
It took me some time to get used to working with gels vs l&p, but once I got it, I liked it better than l&p. Practice makes perfect, you will get it!

thanks, so on wednesday at the end of the day we all got to stay back for a few hours, i asked if i could try one of my own hands instead of using a trainer hand and they said certainly while i had someone watch at times but today is now sunday and i have slight lifting at the sides!

my prep was; cuticle work, nas 99, file shine off nail, bondaid on nail, let dry, a small coat of gel base

and when it came to cuticle work i took alot of time preping and cleaning the nail any advice would be nice what i am doing wrong, as i have read lifting is mostly caused by prep work!

Latest posts

Back