OPI Axxium soak off lacquer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know what kit to buy?!

i was also going to buy the glitters too but i think im the only one who will use them lol!

x

I don't know what kits they're selling. It also depends on your budget. The kits do work out cheaper. Does that mean you won't need to do the conversion course if you can buy it at the show? Never been so don't know how these things work! Either way, if you think that by you wearing the colour glitter that you may encourage clients to wear it, I'm sure you could justify it! Classics are not really a waitress, Lincoln park after dark, big apple red and then alpine snow plus your choice for the pink of the French.

i alrwedy use opi nad they do a kit which includes either :

I’m Not Really a Waitress; Big Apple; Cajun Shrimp; Brisbane Bronze; Russian Navy; Lincoln Park After Dark; Soak-Off Gel Base; Soak-Off Gel Sealer;

or

Hawaiian Orchid; Moon Over Mumbai; Bubble Bath; Strawberry Margarita; Passion; PrincessesRule!; Soak-Off Gel Base; Soak-Off Gel Sealer.

same price etc

doing the conversion course on wednesday 22nd after two datys of working at the show!

x

Sparkle n shine I would say that the kit with all the dark colours is best 2 buy russian navy etc. I bought both kits and to be honest haven't used the pretty pinks and pales kit half as much as the other one. I think with the glitter kit they are doing a free advanced workshop. But its at the head office.

I'd go with the darks too....all a re ace apart from Brisbane bronze but that's just personal opinion. Looking forward to being able to buy without looking thru a catalogue and actually touching!

Dong work too hard and enjoy the OPI

yes i whtink ill go with the dark ones. yes i think its a free conversion course with this one.

i go normal gels and soak off gels bu always wanted to do opi soak of gel.

i think im going to buy just a couple of extra colours not to sure what ones so any ideas would be great

x

to be honest the most popular finish people ask for is french, so getting alpine snow would be a good idea. other colours that i love and are popular are, miami beet, barefoot in barcelona and i'm india mood for love. all 3 go on really well. I also really like Dulce de leche, but i find it really hard to apply evenly. hope this helps

Pink Flamenco is a hit with my clients as is Bogota Blackberry....... Ooh and You Don't Know Jacques......

I don't like Brisbane Bronze or Cosmo Not Tonight Honey either.

Ladies, how long are you finding it takes for you to soak off the Axxium? I would love to offer this because of the OPI name and color options, but I really don't want to have clients sitting for 20 minutes to soak off. That has been my main deterrent from making the purchase over Gelish.

Ladies, how long are you finding it takes for you to soak off the Axxium? I would love to offer this because of the OPI name and color options, but I really don't want to have clients sitting for 20 minutes to soak off. That has been my main deterrent from making the purchase over Gelish.

Gelish only takes 10 mins to soak off & if you wrap the first finger then go on to the next by the time you have got to the 10th nail the 1st one is ready to come off.
I don't think it is possible to do it any quicker.

Bio Sculpture takes 15-20 mins to soak off (& even quicker with mitts & a heated bean bag on top, which the clients love)

It takes mine about 10-12 mins. I wrap them too, I don't soak them. Normally the client can decide what colour try want in that 10 mins too- and they sometimes need that long. By the time the last one is done it normally only needs about 8 mins of 'nothing time' but during this I fill out their card etc etc

I think it depends - their paperwork says the colour off in 15min and full soak off in 30mins.
I love my axxium soak-offs, and find that the 15 mins is fine and then buff the base (gently) and reapply.
I'm also looking at the NCO soak offs as they have a strenthening gloss that adds some strength...
Hope this helps! xxx

yeah id say about 10-15 mins. its definately easier if you wrap them up. Although a lot of my clients do tend to pick them off :mad: theres no telling some people!

About 15 minutes to take the lot off, though the free edge sometimes need a bit of extra work. I usually get the client wrapped then go make them a cuppa. Many of my client s have their eyebrows waxed at the same time, so I will usually do that while they are wrapped too so not wasting any time all.

Hi there,

I know this is an old thread but rather than starting a new one thought I'd post here.

I am really interested in getting the OPI axxium soak off lacquer kit and wondered if this gel is strong enough to be applied over tips?

Thanks guys and gals
Becs

Hi there,

I know this is an old thread but rather than starting a new one thought I'd post here.

I am really interested in getting the OPI axxium soak off lacquer kit and wondered if this gel is strong enough to be applied over tips?

Thanks guys and gals
Becs

It is if you do a layer of the clear overlay gel after the base and before the color. I do this on my clients who need just a bit of extra strength too.

It is if you do a layer of the clear overlay gel after the base and before the color. I do this on my clients who need just a bit of extra strength too.

Thank you so much for you response Jessicles!!! Now I'm super excited about getting my kit, my partner just doesn't understand how one can be so excited about pots of gel an new brushes etc!!!

I love the clear overlay gel. It's probably my favorite in the whole OPI soak off line lol. I put it on clients by itself (just base and top around it). They love it. And if you have clients that can't get regular buff off gel or acrylic to stick, this will. It's like rubber, it almost never lifts, but has quite a lot of strength. I love Shellac, it's my favorite product, but on myself, I am just not careful enough to have it last in all the acetone for me. So I usually wear the Axxium clear, and it stand up to it a lot better because of the acetone-resistant top coat. I love a clear nail, what can I say? I don't have to worry about manky looking color, they just always look good.

Latest posts

Back