OPI, China Glaze, or Jessica? Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chez29

Tran123
Reaction score
Can you advise which one is the best opi, china glaze or Jessica??.?.?

I love china glaze they last for months and dont go gloppy like others. Also use pro salon these have good colours but dont last as long. X

out of those choices I would say def China Glaze. I find them to be not as thick as OPI and the brush easier to control on smaller nails. The colour range is great and competitively priced. I also use Essie for similar reasons :)

Usually it's just totally personal preference.. So why not buy one of each and decide which you prefer :)

in my opinion. opi has great colours and youll often find clients have previously used opi will say ''do you have lincoln park'' for example. some shades seems to be well known. a pro or con depending how u look at it is that opi have a wide brush. i find this easy to work with but everyone is different. opi nail envy is a godsend.

china glaze i enjoy just as much as opi. i find china glaze really do shimmers, chromes and metallics well. they have long thing brushes which i find fiddly coz im used to opi's brushes but if you prefer a narrower brush this is best. i also love their dark colours.

jessica is a well respected brand with beautiful colours. unfortunatly for me i cant get on with it as i find it has the slowest drying time for polish ever. but they have a nice selection of products for problem nails.
i find all three go on nicely and have worked with all three ranges during my career.

sorry to butt in but... do you think it looks bad to have different brands, i have mostly OPI polishes but lena white keep messing me about with my trade account and claiming not to have received my certificates so i've given up with them, i was buying them from my local capital and sallys but they have suddenly got constantly bare shelves when it comes to OPI and i dont really know where else to get it? any hoo, i also have Sinful which i'm not a massive fan of as some of them are abit streaky but i picked up some really nice colours for kids parties and my clients who like bolder brighter colours. I'd quite like to buy some china glaze but i'm thinking 3 different brand might look abit unprofessional? I'm mobile so clients only see the bottle if they pick the colour off my popsticcle sticks (sorry not sure how you spell that word) thanks geeks :D

I don't think it does. It offera clients different types of polishes

Sorry press send by accident i think having 2 types of polishes for client use, is great as different makes do different shades, and offers the client more choices.

I have enough choices in the polish range I carry and if a client wants a specific colour I haven't got, I will mix it for them.

I don't think CG is in the same league as OPI or Jessica .... CG is like a consumer polish you can buy on the high street and nothing like as pigmented or rich as the other two pro polishes. Doesn't have the same staying power either. IMO

My salon carries OPI. The main reason behind that decision was for the longest time it was a pro-only brand. But like a lot of other polishes, that is no longer the case. However, OPI's quality is undeniable.

The brush is wide which I feel was designed with the pro in mind. Three swipes and you have a polished nail. It is highly pigmented and provides lush coverage in most of its colors. It offers a wide range of color options. It's long lasting, smooth and creamy.

I can't speak about Jessica, because I've never used it and I'm not in the habit of commenting about products I've not tried myself.

I have used China Glaze and they have a relatively impressive color line. In my opinion, I haven't found the same quality that I've found with OPI.

ooo thank you ladies, really helpful :D think i will be sticking with OPI and maybe travelling to my next nearest stockist to see if they have a better choice. thanks again!

Good choice - another OPI vote from me! Love there range, brush, shelf life and limited additions! Also retail alot of there mini versions and gift sets, especially at Xmas! Xx

Latest posts

Back