OPI Coloured Gels not advertised in Scratch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlw1

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone knows why OPI have not advertised in the November issue of Scratch - they have advertised every month so far and have new colours out this month so I would have thought they would advertise. Is it because they are having problems with the gel as has been reported by various salons? :cry:

Only way to find out would be to ask them direct. You should contact Lena White the UK distributor for OPI. There could be many reasons for not advertising this month, maybe they will have 2 ads next month or maybe they missed the deadline....we could speculate all manner of reasons on here none of which would be right!!!

I ask because I trained with OPI and am quite concerned as I use the coloured gels. I have lost a couple of clients because their nails are not lasting as well as when they had BIO!!!

I've had massive problems with the coloured gels, this has cost me dearly in terms of free treatments I've had to give away to placate my unhappy clients and client confidence in my services.
I've ditched the OPI stuff and gone with the Bio Sculpture, so far I'm really happy with the Bio, it lasts great and my clients nails are lovely underneath when I remove the gel.
What a crying shame I didn't go with Bio to start with!

Your last sentence - I feel exactly the same way. :cry:

Oh no girls!! This is no good.... i'm doing my opi course in January - not sounding so good!! You really regret going with OPI? Is there anyone who thinks the opi colour gel is any good?!

hi I had really good results from it but then i only used it purely as an alternative to there polishes and only ever over L&P extentions. I bought the kit at one of the shows to trial it, but my OPI rep said i cant use it without training and they want 450.00 for it, so as I only use it as an instant dry gel polish I have put them back in the box. I think they want a disgusting amount of money just so I can gel polish my clients. I am a CND master tech in L&P and Brisa, this is an insult. I would pay for training but not that much, just not worth it, other fab companies out there, so I'll join the list of unhappy OPI customers.

Over here in the netherlands the introkit voor 6 gellacquers, the basegel and topgel is 119 euro's and the training is for free.

By the way, if you use the gellacquer in the way you should it is great, but don't forget it's not an enhancementsystem it's a longlasting nailpolish u can use of an artificial nail or on the natural nail.
In the netherlands this product gave me a diferent kind of clientelle.
Mostly women who wil never take an artificial nail, the just want the color to be longlasting.

Minette

hi I had really good results from it but then i only used it purely as an alternative to there polishes and only ever over L&P extentions. I bought the kit at one of the shows to trial it, but my OPI rep said i cant use it without training and they want 450.00 for it, so as I only use it as an instant dry gel polish I have put them back in the box. I think they want a disgusting amount of money just so I can gel polish my clients. I am a CND master tech in L&P and Brisa, this is an insult. I would pay for training but not that much, just not worth it, other fab companies out there, so I'll join the list of unhappy OPI customers.

You can do a 4 hour conversion for the OPI coloured gels for around £50..... No need to do Foundation training when you're already qualified.

Hth's

hi, thanks,
they want me to buy the kit (although i have it already):irked: and the lamp and I have 2 other girls in my salon to train, unless they will allow me to train them once i am trained?? feeling hard done by, i think lol

hi, thanks,
they want me to buy the kit (although i have it already):irked: and the lamp and I have 2 other girls in my salon to train, unless they will allow me to train them once i am trained?? feeling hard done by, i think lol

I've bought the darks kit without the lamp and I'm doing the 4 hour conversion/workshop in Bristol next week...... I don't see how they can stop you training your girls yourself tbh. I would ring Lena White Head Office 01923 240010 and speak to them directly.

I'm a Brisa tech and talking to once of the educators at Olympia it will cure Axxium. It's just a pain because the top coat needs 3 minutes and the Brisa lamp has the 2 minute timer! Not the end of the world though.

I really like the product at the moment so it might be worth you persevering training wise!

Hi

As the Head of Education for Lena White I feel I need to address a few issues that are being raised on this site in regards to the Axxium Soak Off Lacquer Gel.

It is a fantastic product. Once the application techniques have been mastered it is easy and quick to use and gives long lasting results that clients are really happy with.

I have been using this on clients regularly since November 2008 and none of my clients have any problems with their nails.

There are however some simple factors that we all need to consider when using this product and recommending it to our clients.

1. Is it suitable for the client? If i had a client with lovely long natural nails I would not recommend this as a long term option. The colour gel is an ENHANCEMENT - the nail has to be prepped in order for the gel to adhere and this could cause the nail to become dry, especially if the client is not advised about correct homecare. Would I recommend it for holidays or special events - yes I would. I have worn the gel on several occassions and I have had no concerns over the health of my nails once I have removed it.
2. Am I ensuring that I am not over buffing the nails prior to application? During training assessments I do witness an excessive amount of buffin prior to the gel application. This is especially common in acrylic techs who have to use a slightly harsher prep when applying acrylic nails. The Flex 180 grit buffer file is used to remove the shine from the natural nail and just a few strokes per nail is enough to do this. Any more and you are weakening your clients nails.
3. Removal - if the gel isn't lifting up from the nail of it's own accord then it isn't ready to come off. Forcing it off will only damage the nail.
4. Home care. Anyone who has an enhancement on their nails MUST OIL regularly. This keeps the new nail growth healthy and flexible. All of our training packs give you after care advice and Oiling is at the top of the list. Once you have removed the gel from a client - use NAIL ENVY. It adds protein to the nail where it is needed and helps to strengthen and treat the nails. Quite a few of the people I have spoken to who have clients with broken nails after removing the gel have admitted that they have left the nails long. The client is not used to thaving this length without the protection of the gel and it will be easy to break nails. Shorten the nails slightly (I usually leave them with a couple of mm length), use nail envy and oil and tell your client that they need to think about how they use their nails - educate them. AGAIN - it is CONSULTATION, AFTERCARE, ADVICE, APPLICATION AND REMOVAL.

I could go on and on forever - but please call me if you want help. This is a fantastic product that if used correctly and on the right clients will be succcessful.

My number is 01923 240010 x 244 - please call. I am the expert and can give you all the advice and help you need.

Regards

Tara Oldham

Latest posts

Back