OPI Colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
Hi all
As it's VAT free day this thurs at salon services i've decided to push the boat out and invest in some OPI colours, I want to get a small basic collection (thinking around 10) obviously going to be thinking of summer colours too now, as i've never used OPI before wondered if anyone could give me any tips on popular colours???

Thanks a million xx

Hi all
As it's VAT free day this thurs at salon services i've decided to push the boat out and invest in some OPI colours, I want to get a small basic collection (thinking around 10) obviously going to be thinking of summer colours too now, as i've never used OPI before wondered if anyone could give me any tips on popular colours???

Thanks a million xx

flashbulb fuschia
I pink i love you
Elefantastic
Princesses rule

they're all pinks but my clients favourites, i always run out of these :D if your just starting your collection i'd get mostly pinks and reds and then maybe a few really nice 'toe' colours like purples and i've got a really nice petrol green kind of colour called 'yodel me on my cell'. if i think of anymore i'll add them onto the thread x

Russian Navy or OPI Ink... both beautiful colours and really popular!
Lady in Black
Passion and their french white for french

hope that helps!

I'm Not Really a Waitress (red shimmer, their bestseller)
Vodka & Caviar (red creme)
Lincoln Park After Dark (really dark purple, almost black creme)
Black Cherry Chutney (dark shimmer)
That's Berry Daring (bright pink creme)
Russian Navy (navy shimmer)
Purple with a Purpose (light purple shimmer)

I'm not a neutral girl so can't help with that but I believe the white used most for French is called Alpine Snow.

Also, look out for ones from the Touring America collection from last A/W, great for corals and greys. x

agreed russian navy is really popular but make sure you put it on a colour chart because i find clients say at the end 'oh it didnt look like that in the bottle, i like it better on!'

I'm loving the muppets range at the mo :) x

I definitely agree with princesses rule (my clients LOVE it!) and linken park after dark was always a big favourite when I worked for OPI. You cant go wrong with any of the OPI polishes. They have some gorgeous coral pink colours which will be perfect for spring summer! x

I'm loving the muppets range at the mo :) x

They pretty much all sold out on their release so they won't be around in Sally's now. Better to stick to the permanent range so a client doesn't get too attached to a limited edition one!

They pretty much all sold out on their release so they won't be around in Sally's now. Better to stick to the permanent range so a client doesn't get too attached to a limited edition one!

These are my own lol, I've not shown any clients (cheeky I know ) xx

Iv used opi for 8 years now, iv seen most trends come and go. But the colours that have been popular throughout for me are:
Pompeii purple
Lincoln park after dark
Bagota blackberry
Koala berry
Miami beet
Louvre me louvre me not

Hope this helps,. X

Off to Sally's too. Marking this thread.

I would also say go for a taupe colour too "you don't know jacques" is really popular with my Clients.

Gem83: You paid trade prices without VAT on the OPI, not sure about the China Glaze price. By the way, we don't put trade prices in posts :hug:

Gem83: You paid trade prices without VAT on the OPI, not sure about the China Glaze price. By the way, we don't put trade prices in posts :hug:
Eeeekk sorry! I didn't even think! I think I've deleted it! It still seemed a too cheap as I'm sure I was charged more than this on the last VAT free day. But thank you!x

OPI Love it

Like someone said clients love limited edition nail colours then get disappointed when they run out.....

If you're sticking to a small collection for now use the main stream colours, most popular have already been listed, some favourites of mine that haven't been are:

Reds:
Big Apple Red
A Ruby for Rudolph
Got the Blues for Red

Taupe:
Over the Taupe

Pink:
Strawberry Margarita
That's Hot Pink
Dim Sum Plum
Shorts Story

You'll get OPI in Salon Services and Capitals (if you have them near you) or buy direct from Lena White?

Thank you all so so much, i got 12 colours to begin with but unfortunately they didn't have that many! This is the most helpful and lovely site with such nice people :D

Latest posts

Back