OPI French pink problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachylady

Reaction score
Hello geeks,
I would be soo grateful if someone can help me...
At work we use OPI and I have a problem when someone wants a pink base for their French because we use Passion but I find it goes patchy on my white tips. I can't do my pink base first as I use a brush dipped in acetone to correct my lines and this would obviously disturb my pink layer. Any tips for avoiding this or a shearer OPI pink that might work better over the white?

Thanks in advance.

X

After you've cured your pink, dip your brush in isopropyl alcohol to clean up your white instead of acetone. This way it won't break down your pink. Hth x

Hi! Are you talking about regular polish or gel polish? I don't use OPI for my gel polish (I use Shellac), but I do use it as my regular polish. If you are talking about regular polish then from my experience "Passion" really is the sheerest of them. That's the one we've always used for French in the salon. The trick with it is to flow it rather then drag it-load the brush just enough to cover the whole nail, and keep your brush parallel to the nail, VERY light touch. Aldo make sure your polish is not old and thick, otherwise it would just not work properly.
But if you're talking about gel polish then just like pp said you can use IPA rather then acetone to clean your smile line.

If you're talking regular polish try one coat of it's a girl x

Thank you all so much for your help. I'm sorry,I did mean regular polish but that is also great advice for when I do Shellac :) Think our Passion might need a touch of thinner added but can't wait to try that new brush technique on Tuesday and I'm also going to get my hands on It's a girl :)
Thank you geeks!

Opi heart and tarts is my fave. Goes on like a dream and no patchiness over white.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Carlyema.x

Opi Bubble bath is a nice sheer pink tone for a French polish! Xxx

Thanks amyo. My list is growing :)

Latest posts

Back