OPI French polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISparkles

Reaction score
Hi, I hadn't done a french polish for AGES, until last week, I did the white tips then very gently topped with Alter ego....but the white went yellowish!
I dont remember this ever being a problem before and I've always done white first then pink, has my polish gone bad?! Which white do you use and do you do it differently?!!
Thanks so much

I always do pink first to avoid problems like that. I use CND Shellac. I have a toned down, more 'natural' white (Studio White) and then a bright white (Cream Puff) so clients can choose what kind of look they're going for. Xx

Hi, I hadn't done a french polish for AGES, until last week, I did the white tips then very gently topped with Alter ego....but the white went yellowish!
I dont remember this ever being a problem before and I've always done white first then pink, has my polish gone bad?! Which white do you use and do you do it differently?!!
Thanks so much

Funny you posted this - I’ve had 3 clients request French this week after not doing one for years.

I used Bubble Bath and Alpine Snow and the first set I did white then pink (as I would be back in the days of Polish) but the white didn’t look right, so did the second 2 the other way round.

Maybe it’s just the consistency/opacity of gel in comparison to polish? Xx

I always do the base colour then the white over the top, the same as I would with CND Shellac. Xx

I always do pink first! Most people in my area, when doing a French gel, don't even put a pink. I think the pink makes it looks prettier and I'm hoping that might make me stand out a tad bit more. I use Love is in the Bare and Alpine Snow. I don't have any issues the way I've been doing it so far!

Latest posts

Back