OPI Gel, Buff off or soak off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Hiya and Happy New Year!

Right well I have got a client in a few days who wants her extensions (not done by me) removed. I asked her what gel she had on and shed said its OPI dont know they type but the only gel I know of by OPI is axxium. Anyway I asked wether she knew if it was a soak off or buff off and she said its deff a soak off. HOWEVER she is not a nail technician and I know she flips between acrylic and gel so thought id check :lol:

Is there any easy wasy to tell wether a gel is soak off or buff off without having to ask the client (other then trying to soak them off and failing!!!)

Ami

Hi

Axxium is definately a buff off gel. I have used it and did some training at Lena White. OPI do not do a buff off gel.

Hope this helps.

Ok yep sorry got confused. This whole lena white but still call it OPI really. throws me :lol:

Ok so the gel she has is deff OPI not Lena White so therefore if, as you say, all OPI gels are soak off then it IS soak off :green:

Ok yep sorry got confused. This whole lena white but still call it OPI really. throws me :lol:

Ok so the gel she has is deff OPI not Lena White so therefore if, as you say, all OPI gels are soak off then it IS soak off :green:

No - what Tracey was saying is that Axxium is the OPI buff of gel - Lena White is the UK supplier of OPI products and they dont do a SOAK off gel.

Yep but Lena White has just started doing her own products but is still using the OPI logo in order to offer things cheaper.

Yep but Lena White has just started doing her own products but is still using the OPI logo in order to offer things cheaper.

Not quite sure what you mean by this - do you know something we dont.

Im not sure thats correct? What products has she started doing? Im aware of the lena white tools and files.

:eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:?::?::?:

Errr dunno lol. I have been doing a nail enhancement course for 4 months. My tutour is an OPI represantive. She gave us the Lena White price lists and managed to get them for us (her students) in september. She explained it like like I explained it above ...

Ok man I dunno really didnt wanna start no conterversial thread here !!!

Just bare in mind this is what I was told but Im completley new and could of understood it wrong I really dont know any questions dont ask me!!!

As far as i am aware,OPI do NOT do a soak off gel....i used to be an OPI account myself,until november.

The axxium gel,as i know it is a BUFF off gel.It replaced the microbond gel.

Lena White does retail some cuticle tools to aid in manicure and preperation treatments....but i am unsure as to Lena White herself doing her own products at a cheaper cost,when she has OPI to do the job for her;):)

Lena white does her own files and I know that they are looking to do other items as well but nothing to out do OPI. I had a brief conversation with the rep before xmas.

Hope this helps.

o.k, to get back to the question.....

to test if a gel is soak off.
use a file to take of the shiney surface and allow the product to become porous.

soak some cotton wool in acetone. place it on the nail and wrap the finger tightly round with foil.

aftr 10 minutes, remove the foil and inspect the overlay.

a soak off gel will feel rubbery and be coming up at the edges, appearing a bit like a thin sheet of rubber.
if this is the case, you should trat all the nails like this and they shuld soak off in 15 to 20 mins depending how thick the product is.

a buff off gel will not change from its original appearance. it will still be hard and well adhered to the nail. if this is the case you will need to file the product off carefully with a 180/240 grit file.

you can apply some cuticle remover and start the treatment \on the remaining nails whilst you wait th 10 minutes. keeping the hands warm will help the remover work if its a soak off gel.

Latest posts

Back