OPI Gel color with Shellac base and top?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenacart7

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried using opi gel colors with cnd shellace top and base in the uv lamp??

Hi, If you do a search you will find loads of threads on this.

Opi have their own base and topcoat for a reason same as shellac.
I personally wouldn't mix systems.

Just wondering if anyone has tried using opi gel colors with cnd shellace top and base in the uv lamp??

I have both these products but wouldn't dare intermix them for fear of service breakdown and the consequence loss of my good reputation.

Hey,I did the opi training and would def not mix systems,the opi gel is completely different to shellac x

Although I know DIYers and techs who have done this without problems, I would not recommend it for a professional. It is outside of the instructions from the respective manufacturers, and, I believe, compromises the integrity of your service.

If you want to use OPI colours, I would strongly recommend using the OPI base, which performs quite similarly to the Shellac base, and OPI top coat.

I can't comment on shellac but when I first started using OPI I used BioSculpture base and top. I get much better results with using the full system of opi

Before I invested in Shellac, I bought a cheap, local, soak-off gel polish to test. It was horrible. After I bought Shellac, I experimented with Shellac base + top with the cheaper color coats because Shellac did not have as wide a range of colors at that time. It lasted two weeks and removal was fine. But I have never done that with my professional services. Even if you are honest to your clients and let them know that you are mixing systems, you never know what might happen and it's just not professional.

I know that Shellac is a little pricier, but I feel more confident providing a full Shellac service. I have some acquaintances who had Opi gel color done and they did not like the state of their natural nail afterwards. Why do you want to use Shellac base and top coats in the first place? Because it's a better product? So why wouldn't you want to do your full service with the better product?

Latest posts

Back