OPI gel lilac comparisons

Danielle0904

Hi Geeks

After a long unsuccessful wait for a decent lilac from gelish I have finally given up and have decided to purchase from the opi gel colour range after noticing they do not one but 3 gorgeous lilac colours :D

however do any of you OPI Geeks have comparison swatches or at least know if they are all different enough to purchase all 3

A grape fit
do u lilac it
your such a Budapest

thanks xx

anonaw

A grape fit is a dark lilac shade, not sure how it compares to do you lilac it which could be a tad lighter? Whereas you're such a Budapest is actually a pale blue lilac (gorgeous) very pastel like. I think all three are quite different so may be worth getting two instead of all three to begin with?

NancySyd

Yes, there are so few good lilacs out there (in any brand), and so many are faders. Of the OPI three, I really think Do You Lilac It, as the truest lilac, and the must-have one to start with. A Grape Fit veers more towards a full on purple, and You're Such a Budapest is closer to a periwinkle. That said, YSAB is a unique color and I always get compliments when I wear it.

Danielle0904

great thanks geeks :) x

OK I am about to press order for:

do u lilac it
your such a Budapest

as mentioned about the dreaded FADERS, do these fall into this category from your experience??

willowrose

You're such a budapest definitely fades - it goes grey :sad:

NancySyd

nail_newbie

You're such a budapest definitely fades - it goes grey :sad:
I don't have any problems with it either. Haven't had any faders from opi gelcolour

willowrose

I don't have any problems with it either. Haven't had any faders from opi gelcolour
I've tried & returned 3 bottles - all turned grey.

Don't bossa nova me fades as soon as you put it in the lamp! Bubble bath & passion both turn yellow, windmillion gets increasingly murky. All lines have faders/unstable gels.

ch-ela

Do the colours in the US have different pigments in them than the ones sold in Europe?

willowrose

Do the colours in the US have different pigments in them than the ones sold in Europe?
I am only guessing but doubt there are separate production runs for UK/US. It would be more economical to just make all products compliant with the strictest governing body/suitable for all markets.

That's what my experience has been but my knowledge is somewhat limited & I can think of exceptions to the rule :)

ch-ela

Thanks Willowrose. I thought I had read somewhere that certain pigments were banned in Europe which is why there is a problem with the pinks fading.

willowrose

Thanks Willowrose. I thought I had read somewhere that certain pigments were banned in Europe which is why there is a problem with the pinks fading.
Due to the wonderful world of blogging I know that the well known faders seem problematic on both sides Atlantic :)

Although apparently some people are lucky enough to have found a stable budapest - I'm half tempted to try a 4th bottle! :lol: