OPI GelColor bottles going off/hard

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailingwhitedog

Reaction score
I’ve been using opi gelcolor, Gelish and various other brands for many years. I’ve had a few problems with the opi bottles going off. I had 5 bottles go around the same time, so I took them back to capital which was where I’d purchased them from. They had to send them back to be analysed, which took weeks! I finally got them back and they said that I had cured them! What! In the bottle! At that point I gave up, maybe I should have took it further but I didn’t have time. Mean while I have had more go over the last year and some are not very old. I don’t have them anywhere near my light. Also I have had Gelish bottles for longer that are still perfect.
So what I am asking is if any of you guys have had similar problems? I like gelcolor but I’m fed up with spending a lot of money on a product I can’t rely on. Have you got any suggestions on a similar long lasting gel?
Thanks in advanced
Gilly

We had a similar problem happen with our OPI gel. Not sure how long we've had them but a few just peel right off the nail later that day or won't cure. We are looking at an alternative brand.

I recently and it’s the first time in 3 years. I’ve always used Cuccio veneers and bought The Gel Bottle. I store them away from light however 2 are unusable.
I still have all my original Cuccio veneers and they are in perfect condition

Hey Hun do you have them near a window ? A few of mine half cured in the bottle due to me having them near a window and are fine since I moved them to a box out of view of it.
I also bought a top coat from Sally’s and got home and it was cured in the bottle and it’s cause the shop had them displayed in the window, so I had to get them replaced xx

Hey Hun do you have them near a window ? A few of mine half cured in the bottle due to me having them near a window and are fine since I moved them to a box out of view of it.
I also bought a top coat from Sally’s and got home and it was cured in the bottle and it’s cause the shop had them displayed in the window, so I had to get them replaced xx
They are on shelves on the wall but not near the window, maybe that’s what I should do is put them in a box. Thanks for your advice.

I've had this happen with Gelish as well.

I keep all my gels and acrylic powders in containers well away from light. Doesn’t make for a great wall display but they keep really well that way.

I use OPI Gelcolor mine are in drawer cabinets so no sunlight. Haven’t had any cure in the bottle. I honestly use a different base coat because I think the pro health sucks I use the gel bottle builder in a bottle or rubber base coat and easily can get 14-20 days

Latest posts

Back