OPI Gelcolor French nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophieg

Reaction score
Hi! I've been offering OPI Gelcolor since it launched this year and it's been a great success except when I do a French. I keep getting clients telling me they've started to peel after a couple of days but I've followed all the advice from Lena White about creating a well for the white to go into.
I'm at my wits end, feel like I'm going to start getting a bad reputation.....any advice gratefully received! Thanks x

Are they peeling from the top where the white is then its probably because the white is too thick and its not curing all the way through in which case it will just peel off.i just work everything very thin no scooping out making wells I do it just like I would polish.if the white is a bit thin do another coat.

i agree with gillian , just to add i find it's easier to apply the white to 2 nails then cure , 2 more cure etc. avoids shrinkage and blurring of the smile .

When I did my Gelcolor training we were told it was better to do three thin coats than two thicker ones.

But when I say thin I mean literally see thro thin as you build up the layers they obviously get whiter.

Also like then other two ladies said :hug: it needs to be thin to cure.

Another thing is to look at your clients nails under your lamp after using NAS are they still shiny??? If they don't have that chalky look to them they still contain oil residue. This is when AND ONLY WHEN I GENTLY run a 240 grit sponge buffer in the direction of growth. Once only. on your next appointment there is no need to buff.

I have only done this on two clients who have a very oily skin which transfers to the nails.

Good luck Hun xxxx

I had that problem with the gelish peeling off after a couple of days...read on the lena white forum to maybe do the white french tip first then appy base coat on top to give it more protection???? dont know if you have tried this?

Thanks girls, some great advice. I'm only in Watford so actually popped into Lena white and one of the girls was kind enough to demo for me and talk me through it. I'm actually doing everything right and she really made me feel confident as she said that it's not always us as technicians, sometimes it is the client :-( so feeling much better about it now :). Thanks girls x

Latest posts

Back