OPI GelColor still chipping!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Im honestly at my wits end now!
I ordered some scrubfresh and Im still having problems!
I do cuticle work, file nails, buff the nail ever so slightly, rub the nail with NAS'99 then rub the nail with Scrubfresh then apply bond aid twice, then base coat, cure, then colour coat, cure (x2) then top coat.
I have done 3 clients since using scrubfresh and all three have chipped!
I have spoke to Lena White twice about this and everytime they tell me everything I already know and do.
I have invested so much money into this and now Im just losing clients!
Can anyone help?
Im desperate before I sell the lot of it and give up x

Lena White are offering a free half day course very soon on opi gelcolour, see if you can get in and then see if they can help x

Didn't want to read and run although I don't use GelColour - but just a few thoughts...

Have you any clients who don't chip, yourself included? Have you eliminated the clients being at fault?

Have you really OVER sold it as non-chipping (ie clients may think it's indestructible?)

Are the clients appropriate for this service? Are there nails in a good enough condition not flakey etc

Are your clients doing everything they can to look after their gelcolour eg solar/cuticle oil to keep it flexible and the colour coat and nails in good condition?

And finally how long before they chip?

If Lena White are telling you your process is correct then the only other thing I can think of regarding technique is - is it thin enough? I know this affects Shellac but as I say I don't do GC. Hope some other geeks come along soon hon xx

Hi LooLoo, I have already done the OPI GelColor course and actually payed for it lol, bit miffed they are now offering it for free but ah well!

Hi PixieBeauty, well saying that I just text a few other clients and one woman had the GelColor on for 3 weeks and only experienced chips after 2!! It lasts really well on me but I dont really do any hands on work, just sit at a computer all day typing away then my beauty on the side! I dont think any of them use cuticle oil really, however I thinking of buying the Solar Oil minis and selling some or giving some to my clients! The last 3 clients have had chips within a week but two of those wash up twice daily and do alot of cleaning?
I do try to apply very thinly, thanks for your help xx

Then it sounds to me like everything you are doing is right, and once the client leaves it's their responsibity! If you are giving the correct after are advice (as I'm sure you are) and they are ignoring it and not using anything to condition their nails then I'm afraid that is their problem. If you have lost clients it's only because they are expecting the impossible! Chin up, look for clients that will listen to your advice and look after their manicures - work on convincing them they have to care for their nails between appts.

I don't see what more you can do for them. Don't doubt the system or yourself xx

Hi, id be miffed too!!

Well then if you've trained already and as the above poster says you mustn't blame yourself, could be the clients hammering them and not taking your aftercare advice x

Hi Hun

Time to take a breath. Ok one of my clients came back this week. She has 5 horses, uses solar oil but no gloves had the gel colour on form three weeks and not a chip in sight.

Another one of my lady's has 4 horses wears gloves for EVERYTHING plus solar oil and hand cream and chipped after 8 days. Not her fault her nails peel terribly.

Point being that's life! Like I said before there is nothing wrong with shellac or gel colour because if there was it wouldn't last on my mum for 6. YES 6! Weeks. Terrible regrowth I know but we did it to prove a point.

There has to be client responsibility somewhere otherwise where do you draw the line. Some clients are good some don't look after their nails.

I understand your frustration Hun but really you need other options. I've had to do acrylic on one of my clients because she can't wear shellac or OPI her nails are just to weak and bendy. Opi I'm sure are bringing out a structure gel at some point perhaps this will help xx

Im honestly at my wits end now!
I ordered some scrubfresh and Im still having problems!
I do cuticle work, file nails, buff the nail ever so slightly, rub the nail with NAS'99 then rub the nail with Scrubfresh then apply bond aid twice, then base coat, cure, then colour coat, cure (x2) then top coat.
I have done 3 clients since using scrubfresh and all three have chipped!
I have spoke to Lena White twice about this and everytime they tell me everything I already know and do.
I have invested so much money into this and now Im just losing clients!
Can anyone help?
Im desperate before I sell the lot of it and give up x

the key is "thin is in" 3 thin layers are better that 2 thicker. im not 100% about the opi gel ur using. but i do 110% recommend "young nails mani-Q"

buff the surface with a 180 sponge buffer. when putting base and colour thin layers and always coat free edge. doing it thin and coating free edge will stop it shrinking and cracking. hope this help and the video link below hunni xxx

heres a young nails video tutorial

ManiQ Colour - Gel Video Tutorials - Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK

Ive been using Gelcolor for a few weeks now and i also use Calgel and bio sculpture, i also do hard gel.

Its really horses for courses not one nail system is going to suit all people.

One suggestion is that you could try Calgels clear gel in a bottle (IZ GEL)for those that need more protection for their nails.It will work with Gelcolor and it will cure in an led lamp as well as uv.

You can also use it for mending breaks.

Latest posts

Back