OPI Gelcolor-Twinkle Toes/Rockstar Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.brown63

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a bit behind the times here, and I'm really starting to get back into doing nails.

I use the OPI Gelcolor system and wondered if it is possible to do twinkle toes/rockstar nails using this system as it's a pure gel and also what the method of application would be.

I'm thinking that if I do all the usual application, then after I've cured the second application of colour, I would dust on the glitter/apply glitter with a brush?. Then cure again followed by the top coat.

But wouldn't the gelcolor top coat pick up bits of glitter?

Sorry I'm new to this and slightly confused.

As you know gelcolor isn't cheap so I don't want to ruin a £26 bottle of topcoat, only for it to have loads on glitter in it.

Hope someone can help me.:rolleyes:

Thank you

I use another gel system but this is what I do.

*Base coat - cure
*Colour coat - sprinkle on glitter- brush off any excess from around the nail - cure
*use bigger brush (I actually use a old make-up brush) over all nails to wipe away any excess
*top coat - cure x 3
*brush over all nails with nail brush to get rid of any remaining glitter

I have a bottle of top coat I use for just rockstars.

Hope this helps!

That's great, I was thinking actually if I decide to offer rockstar I will need to get a separate bottle of top coat.

Thanks so much

I use another gel system but this is what I do.

*Base coat - cure
*Colour coat - sprinkle on glitter- brush off any excess from around the nail - cure
*use bigger brush (I actually use a old make-up brush) over all nails to wipe away any excess
*top coat - cure x 3
*brush over all nails with nail brush to get rid of any remaining glitter

I have a bottle of top coat I use for just rockstars.

Hope this helps!

I do it like this (with OPI and with Gelish) but I use a brush to pick up and kind of "scrub" or press the glitter into the tacky layer. I find that it adheres more evenly. I then use a stiffer brush (a paint brush) to get the loose glitter off. I do use a separate bottle of top coat, but it doesn't have any glitter in it because I get all loose glitter off.

Marking for later x

Latest posts

Back