OPI Gelcolor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheely

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm a newby to forums. So here goes,
I'm wanting to extend my range of treatments and produts. I currently
Only offer regular manicures and pedicures.
I am looking into training in gel nails I am currently looking ranges. I use Opi polishes mostly and have thought about
Trying their gel color.
My only reservation is that its a new product on the Market.
I would like some feedback about using gel color and what
result are like?
How does it compare with other brands?
I am looking into shellac too.
I like the idea of using gel from a bottle as I feel it would be easier
For me to use.
I hope I am making sense.

Thank u

Hi Wheely, I use both Shellac and OPI GelColor.. there are hundreds of threads on here regarding ALL the different brands and Geeks with different view points. So I would suggest put in a search for each brand at the top (blue bar) and research each, so you can make an informed decision for your business.
HTH
Fiona :wink2:

Thanks for that I will check that out. It's all about research.

Why can't some of you clients wear shellac?

Hi Wheely, some of my clients have really thin bendy nails which no amount of Solar Oil seems to strengthen. Others have very dry brittle and flakey nails and Shellac doesn't seem to want to stay on free edge for more than a week.... OPI Gelcolor seems to support the nail better for those ladies. BUT I have 'Perfect' Nails:wink2: and I can wear Shellac for 3 weeks or more & so can the majority of my ladies!!
Fiona :lol:

I agree, there are so many products out there so definitely do a search! I use opi gelcolor and personally find it to be great. As you say, it is great to use a gel from a bottle and if you love the opi colours then you can't go wrong! I know a lot of people offer more than one system too though for different types of clients.
Hope you find a system that works for you! But I can definitely recommend the gelcolor x

That's realy interesting. Im waiting for someone to get back to me from Opi and shellac.
I think Opi will be my choice.
Thanks for advice:)

Latest posts

Back