OPI GelColour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickyb1983

Reaction score
So, I've just unpacked my lovely new opi Gel colour kit as I'm returning back to work. I've just finished doing my own nails to see how I the product is and I'm not sure what to think. I've got an LED lamp (not OPI) but sufficient enough to work with the gel, I applied and cured each coat for 30 seconds as thought and I'm a bit disappointed with the final shine from the top coat, they looked beautiful before I then wiped off the excess with NAS 99 (I'm assuming that's correct ) for someone experienced and have used a lot of good brands in the past it doesn't seem anywhere near as shiny as the some I've used...don't get me wrong they are not not shiny but almost a little dull looking. Any ideas anyone I'm confused

So, I've just unpacked my lovely new opi Gel colour kit as I'm returning back to work. I've just finished doing my own nails to see how I the product is and I'm not sure what to think. I've got an LED lamp (not OPI) but sufficient enough to work with the gel, I applied and cured each coat for 30 seconds as thought and I'm a bit disappointed with the final shine from the top coat, they looked beautiful before I then wiped off the excess with NAS 99 (I'm assuming that's correct ) for someone experienced and have used a lot of good brands in the past it doesn't seem anywhere near as shiny as the some I've used...don't get me wrong they are not not shiny but almost a little dull looking. Any ideas anyone I'm confused

Did you cure the top coat for 60 seconds?
The colours you can do for 30, but the top needs 60 and have found if you give them a few secs to cool before you wipe with the nas99 they keep their shine better :)

Did you cure the top coat for 60 seconds?
The colours you can do for 30, but the top needs 60 and have found if you give them a few secs to cool before you wipe with the nas99 they keep their shine better :)

Hi,

Thnks for getting back to me. No I cured the top for 30 seconds too, it's a new lamp and I'm not convinced it's the best...I have done only one hand tonight so will try tomorrow what you say. Thankyou

Hi,

Thnks for getting back to me. No I cured the top for 30 seconds too, it's a new lamp and I'm not convinced it's the best...I have done only one hand tonight so will try tomorrow what you say. Thankyou

I have one opi lamp and one cuccio and don't have a problem with the cuccio it seems to cure the same :)

When you wiped with nas99 what did you use? x

When you wiped with nas99 what did you use? x

I use a lint free wipe, you could try any other cleanse to finish with, I use a couple of brands of gels and don't always use the matching cleanse, if you have a different one to hand then give that a try. I found that some work best with their own cleanse and some it doesn't matter what cleanse you use. so try one of the others you have to hand.

If you aren't getting a shiny finish after curing try using a cotton wool pad with a tiny bit of cleanse.

Did any colour come off when you wiped with nas? If so maybe not cured enough or could be you didn't put enough top coat on?

The top coat does not need 60 seconds. It only needs 30s if you wait like 30 sec after curing to let it cool it helps.

Hi, I know it’s an old thread but I have this problem with a dull finish after OPI top coat. I’ve tried everything! I’m relieved to see other posts on here saying the exact same thing. I’d love to hear from an OPI user who has overcome this problem. Hope someone reads this!

Happens to me to. If I let the gel nails cool for a bit before removing.. Seems to help. Or rub a bit of oil around the cuticle and rub with a dry bit of cotton to buff.

Latest posts

Back