OPI Gelcolour/OPI Axxium

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sukic

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but after scouring the threads I'm none the wiser. What is the difference between OPI Gelcolour and OPI Axxium? It looks like the same thing to me, but maybe I'm missing something really obvious. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Gel colour comes in a polish bottle and has a thinner consistency. Axxium is in a pot with a thicker consistency.

Is that it??? Thanks :)

Is that it??? Thanks :)

I'm no nail geek but surely Axium is for enhancements and gelcolor is a gel polish!!?? Correct me someone if I'm wrong!! ;)

I'm no nail geek but surely Axium is for enhancements and gelcolor is a gel polish!!?? Correct me someone if I'm wrong!! ;)

Both can be used for natural nails and enhancements. Axxium came out first and is a soak off gel, hence why it's in a pot. If you buy the starter kit, it came with an OPI mini brush (a #4 brush) for application. Gel colour is a gel polish that comes in its own individual bottle with its own brush. I use axxium still, but haven't tried gel colour yet.

i offer both axxium and gel color. i had this problem myself but after a chat with the reps i think i finally get it. basically axxium is a much stronger harder product for clients that dont have great nails as it helps protect the nails while its on. and the soak off is much longer( a pain if you ask me)
gel color offers a mucher quicker treatment(good for money) and soak off is soooooo much quicker. it is really just an advancement on a manicure. it is not as long lasting or as hardy as axxium and doesnt protect the nails as much. so if you have a client that is very heavy handed then axxium is proberly the better choice. also gel color is better suited to healthier nail. also clients can remove gel color at home if you retail them the necessary products.
hope that helps :)

But are both of these products porous? If customer is using solar oil will it get through the layer of the gel to the nail? Or will it be a waste of oil?

Sorry for another question but i also was wondering what ate the differences and feel puzzled!

i don't think it would get through to the nail plate. but i always put the oil round the cuticles at the end, which is nice to hydrate them but i doubt it will reach the actual nail plate through the gel. no worries for the questions this is what this place is all about :) sorry but didnt understand your last question. what are you confused about? :)

- Axxium is a soak off gel product used for nail enhancemnts
- Gel Color is a gel polish.....OPIs version like Gelish, Gelicure, Artistic...etc
- Axxium since it is a soak off product, then yes it is porous as is Gel Color
- You can use solar oil on cuticles and surrounding skin...that's never a waste
- Axxium you can do nail fills like any enhancement
- Gel Color you would soak off after 2 weeks and reapply
- Axxium is a stronger product better suited to weaker nail
- Gel Color would be better suited to heathier nails

I think that got most of your questions :) let me know if I missed one!

I'm going on a course for gelcolor so any feedback tips or tricks would be great xx

Latest posts

Back