OPI Gelcolour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
Hi geek peeps
I've been reading all the threads about OPI Gelcolour as i am considering investing in the system. I use OPI Axxium at present and Shellac but like the colour choice on offer with Gelcolour.
The comments seem to be mostly negative regarding the Gelcolour and this is obviously putting me off.
So my question is, has anyone managed to get good results from it? Is it easy to apply and do your clients like it?
I would really appreciate your opinions and comments.
Many thanks :) x

Hi, I've been using it since March and have had no problems what so ever. I did do the training, which I feel helped with tips and tricks, different way of doing a French too. But I have a dozen regular clients and some one offs and apart from my sisters friend who's a cleaner and hands are constantly in water and chemicals everyone's loved it. Loving the colours and the collections... Dunno what else to say but not all negative :)

Hi Pinkeedee,
I started at the beginning with a few problems but since persevering and doing the workshop all is fine, clients love it and so do I! And as said before a great selection of colours!
🌸

Yeah I have just started - however have only used it with gelish base and top case ( which is fine apprently, spoke to nail harmony). It's wearing well ! X

I have been trained in three gel polish brands: Gelicure, Gelish and GelColor. I have to say, out of the three GelColor is the most difficult to apply well (shrinkage seems a real problem), Gelish is the easiest.

I have been trained in three gel polish brands: Gelicure, Gelish and GelColor. I have to say, out of the three GelColor is the most difficult to apply well (shrinkage seems a real problem), Gelish is the easiest.

Yeah , with you in that. Around the cuticle and side walls seem to be worse. Although not with all colours . Seems to cover after a few coats !!

Thank you all so much for your comments. I think i might buy a base coat, top coat and a couple of colours and see how i get on. I just don't want to waste a load of money like i did last year when i invested in Gelish and then didn't get on with it :(.
I'm just so drawn to the rich colours of Gelcolour! x

Thank you all so much for your comments. I think i might buy a base coat, top coat and a couple of colours and see how i get on. I just don't want to waste a load of money like i did last year when i invested in Gelish and then didn't get on with it :(.
I'm just so drawn to the rich colours of Gelcolour! x

Of all the systems I've tried, Gelish is the easiest to apply. What happened? Why didn't you get on with it? Did you do the training?

Of all the systems I've tried, Gelish is the easiest to apply. What happened? Why didn't you get on with it? Did you do the training?
Hi, one of the problems was that it faded so badly when clients went on hols. The sparkly ones were terrible. I asked one regular client what she had on her toes when she came to me for removal and she replied well you should know, you put it on!! It was glittery dark pink when i put it on and muddy beige when she came back from her hols. I never have that problem with Shellac so i decided to just offer that.

Latest posts

Back