OPI matte top coat not matte?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie28

Reaction score
I have the opi gel matte top coat and used it on a client the other day. Although she was happy with it, I was not lol
I really hoped it would be how to pictures advertised! I did matte all over with shiny to coat tips.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414486362.314971.jpg

The first picture is mine and the second is what I want it to look like!!! Any tips?

Have you used your top coat with any other colour before? I can't see your picture too clearly but it looks like it has worked. I think it's just more effective on a darker colour? Did you apply just the matte top coat then normal top coat on the tips?

Also, it looks like you've oiled your client's nails after, this will make them look shiny too even though they probably aren't.

Have you used your top coat with any other colour before? I can't see your picture too clearly but it looks like it has worked. I think it's just more effective on a darker colour? Did you apply just the matte top coat then normal top coat on the tips?

I did the matte top coat and then normal in the tips. I did put oil on after but it wasn't particularly matte before then either.
I will try with black and see what it is like but not very impressed with it so far :( x

Can't really tell from your pic, I think it deffo works better with darker colours and black, it's more of a contrast I find.

I did the matte top coat and then normal in the tips. I did put oil on after but it wasn't particularly matte before then either.
I will try with black and see what it is like but not very impressed with it so far :( x

Yeah I'd defo try with a darker colour and see how it turns out. You could try doing the normal top coat and then lightly buff away the shine, that will also give a matte effect. Hope this has helped :) x

Latest posts

Back