OPI neon colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey!!!
Has anyone purchased the new neon Opi gel colours??? I ordered the pink & the coral & the coral I am so disappointed in. It's not Neon at all & it's not very bright, it's a little bit lighter than the colour "I eat mainly lobster "
Just wondered if anyone else agrees??

I've not ordered any neons yet, I after reading this I probably won't, recently converted to gelcolor and very disappointed in the product full stop :(

Hi there!
I ordered the neon collection from my Opi rep the other day and she explained the best way to do them was to apply one layer of alpine snow before two coats of the neon colour. Have you tried that? X

Ohh no didn't think you would need to as they specifically say neon colours? Just seems silly. The pink is lovely but the coral isn't neon at all. Let me know what you think when they arrive :) xx

Oh no pre-ordered all 6 in gel color and polish - hasn't arrived yet though :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've not ordered any neons yet, I after reading this I probably won't, recently converted to gelcolor and very disappointed in the product full stop :(

Oooh, why???

Having problems with them peeling off acrylics and am unable to brush glitter into the inhibition layer, it's like it's not sticky enough, really love the colours I'd bought too x

I've not tried brushing in glitter yet. I was going to have a try this week.

I do lots of glitter Rockstar to gelcolor, and I've had no problems at all. Only on natural nails right enough SS

Having problems with them peeling off acrylics and am unable to brush glitter into the inhibition layer, it's like it's not sticky enough, really love the colours I'd bought too x

You don't finish the acrylics off and make them smooth first do you ?
The acrylics need to be slightly roughened up before applying the colour coats, (do not use base coat).

You don't finish the acrylics off and make them smooth first do you ?
The acrylics need to be slightly roughened up before applying the colour coats, (do not use base coat).

Yes I leave the acrylic rough, I've resorted to using a base coat which has made a big difference but frustrating I'm having to do that x

My rep said use a white under them.i haven't order them not my clients cup of tea but try a white.even try 1 coat of white under the gels that can help

My rep said use a white under them.i haven't order them not my clients cup of tea but try a white.even try 1 coat of white under the gels that can help

Hey I've just purchased them too and that was my thought exactly - they come out a matte finish. What difference would putting a layer of white make?

Not sure but that is what Opi are recommending. Will let you know what I think when they arrive x

I haven't got these yet but I'm sure I seen a basecoat specifically for these neon colours that OPI are doing? Or is it maybe a topcoat? Anyway I'm sure it said that that makes the neon colours really pop! Though I may be talking rubbish and it might be something totally different I saw! Haha
Also does anyone know when Lena White Trade will have the neon colours in stock? I'm desperate to get some :D xxx

Not sure but that is what Opi are recommending. Will let you know what I think when they arrive x

Yes please - that would be great. Thanks

I have the neon collection and OPI recommend using one coat of alpine snow first before using the neon colours as it makes the colours pop, the ones i have are great :)

Thanks for letting me know - I will definitely give it a try as not very impressed with colours especially after buying them because they are neon colours.

I've tried with the alpine white and although the colour really does come out neon - the white comes out kind of thick - any tips?

Latest posts

Back