OPI or LCN acrylic/gel/fibreglass/silk kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just started a college course with my local college - NVQ level III in artificial nail structures.

Our tutour is an OPI reprensentative and thinks OPI products are the best out there. She runs her own salon and thats what she uses. However the products we are using in the college are mainly LCN. We are using a mix of both LCN and OPI and she says she will train us to use both.

The OPI kits are alot more expensive then the LCN, but before anyone says its not all about money I would like to re-illiterate we are being trained mainly in LCN products. These kits are just for us to practice with at home.

I was thinking about getting the Clarite Opening Order acrylic kit from OPI the tips from OPI (because I like the sound of the expansion tips to fit any shape) and the rest of the kits from LCN. I have been given a Lena White price list and told to choose. I wont get the LCN one till next week but the tutor has said they are cheaper.

I would just like to know wether the OPI kits are that much better than LCN kits, as LCN have a good reputatation as far as I'm aware. There are certainly some bits from OPI i prefer but I could just get all the kits from LCN and order those bits seperatly - basically HELP!:eek:

just bumping this up for you really. i trained in OPI so it's all i've ever used so can't offer an objective view!

i have't used it much since training though. i have gels on myself but other than that i still need more practise before letting loose on clients but im working 6 days a week at the mo so no time to get more used to the products! bit of a catch 22 situation really

x

i use opi absolute for acrylics....it's very good product! plus you can get the colors! lcn is also a very good product....that's what the top nail salons here use and it has a very good rep

hiya, i have trained in both lcn and opi and to be fair i would say OPI are the better of the two products, the only reason i used lcn was for gel but OPI have launced axium gel now and thats fantastic too so have converted totally to OPI plus you get the colours at trade price when your trained with them which is definately a selling point, all my clients love the colours and buy regularly giving you a retail oppertunity too.
jayme

Here in the states LCN is more expensive than OPI. I have trained with OPI and with LCN.I purchased the Axxium gel kit and used it on myself and then compared it to the LCN. My finding was LCN was a bit stronger and it offers so many different products for different client problems. I have always used OPI but I was very impressed with the quality of LCN. I continue to use both, depending on the nail issues of each client. They are very simular in application.

^^ thank you..i was thinking of trying opi..it would be more convient for me since the beauty supply that sells it is right down the street from my salon. but i will stick with lcn..and you're right, it is ALOT more expensive than opi's.

i use opi absolute for acrylics....it's very good product! plus you can get the colors! lcn is also a very good product....that's what the top nail salons here use and it has a very good rep
Hi, are you still using absolute? it s been about 2yrs 6months having probs with lifting, what about u?

I ran my salon for 5 years using OPI and also was a trainer for LCN and used it in my Manicuring school, so I know both product lines thoroughly.

I think both products are good or I wouldn't have used them ... I don't use them now but after you have completed your training you can try other options if you wish. For now I would buy what you need and don't overstock while learning.

Gigi's advice is very sound! I have used both OPI and LCN over the years and I found them both to have strengths. I use what I find works for the clients and myself. If you can get different products in sample sizes now, while training, it will give you a good idea what's out there, and how they work for you. Good luck, and have fun!:)

I ran my salon for 5 years using OPI and also was a trainer for LCN and used it in my Manicuring school, so I know both product lines thoroughly.

I think both products are good or I wouldn't have used them ... I don't use them now but after you have completed your training you can try other options if you wish. For now I would buy what you need and don't overstock while learning.
Hello There. What are you using now please?

I use CND exclusively.

If you need to contact them go to Welcome - Sweet Squared or ring 08452106060 to request a brochure or help to locate an educator near to you.

Latest posts

Back