OPI pawlish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:oops: Should I be embarrassed? :D My 12 yr old polishes her Golden Retriever "Goldilocks" nails everytime she gets groomed at the doggie beauty salon we take her to. She leaves with a ribbon, a bandanna (my daughter selects these things) and whe she arrives home my daughter has her to sit on her Fluffy cushion, hold her paw & paints her nails to match the ribbon and bandanna. They then invite Goldies husband over (she's married to a chocolate Lab) They all go on our deck. (the 2 owner girls and the dogs) And feast on grapes. Then they walk them to show them off and the girls come back home & paint each others toenails. It's very cute. It's seasonal and a Holiday thing. Goldie loves all the attention & struts around like she's the grand prize winner of First in Show after her beauty regimen.
Are you shocked? :shock: Please don't lock us up & take away my moderate geek status!!!!!

:) BrendaLee

Hi Brenda
No offence to you but I just dont agree with useing animals as fashion Accessory for one how do you know they enjoy it (they have no say in the matter)
To me I think it is very cruel to dress dogs up and paint nails ect ect, why not have dolls to do that on!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care Dawnie

Ditto...animals arent humans! Animals are wild things, they werent born to be dressed up and made to look glitzy and glam. Im waiting for false eyelashes, makeup and high heels for dogs to come out. :rolleyes:

xxlaylaxx

I am mixed about this. i am anti cruelty to animals of all kinds in a BIG way... but if its not hurting the animal. I have a cavalier king charles who adores to be brushed and molly coddeled by my girls. I do think opi are cashing in and will make a mint but... i guess if it wasnt them it would be someone else. You can already get glitter hoof polish for horses and glitter spray and stencils for their rumps an no one has kicked off about that...i'm more concerned about the grand national every year where horses are forced over very high jumps with MANY loosing their lives...anyway i'm off track now so i guess i'll stop rambling.
if you watch the rspa adverts many dogs are kicked starved and beaten on a regular basis . i'd rather see a dog being painted on its toes than that anyday!!!

sawasdee ka

I have many hour and look at old post and i not see this about polish for dog and i think some very very good for smile and laugh so now this one come again .

is idea for use my gloop opi top coat but i no have a dog :rolleyes:

Mui from the land of sunshine and smile

hi everyone

how do you know they enjoy it (they have no say in the matter)
i am the proud owner of five dogs ..three girls and two boys ...i'm not ashamed to admit i often spend a lot of pleasureable time giving them a doggy manicure ...and yes sometimes i have been known to even polish their claws .now before you shoot me down in flames ...i always use creative products !!!! they love solar oil it's a definate hit ...
seriously though my dogs love it ...they literally queue up and they watch patiently until it's their turn.i have of course never painted the males nails ..an eleven stone bullmastiff may look a little odd with painted claws but that doesn't stop the youngest trying to push in to get his done ..i honestly think he gets jealous because the girls get extra ...(i'm beginning to get a little worried about him !!!:o) i'm not a crack pot and i really love my dogs second only to nails ..lol...my husband comes a close third though ;O) i am sure these dogs were not made to suffer in any way infact they probably enjoyed all the fuss and attention (i know mine would) i think maybe the dogs who are used in experiments to test the everyday products that we probably all use, would be more deserved of our sympathy ...:o( (but sadly that's another story and probably not a topic for this board .
you can see my dogs on the link below
http://www.bullyonline.com/our_visitors.htm

hope i haven't tread on any ones toes /paws with this post
kindest regards
debbie

As a former dog groomer my opinion is OPI will make a killing with pawlish as it is the sort of thing many owners that use grooming salons will go for.
Personally I would not use it . But I have on many an occasion been asked to dye dogs ( on one occasion asked if I would dye a poodle cerise ! )
I am surprised if anything that it has taken so long for this type of product
to be launched.
And before anybody asks NO I have never dyed a dog and my replies to customers when they requested it is at best unprintable !
Chris

Thehandsanctuary said:
I am mixed about this. i am anti cruelty to animals of all kinds in a BIG way... but if its not hurting the animal. I have a cavalier king charles who adores to be brushed and molly coddeled by my girls. I do think opi are cashing in and will make a mint but... i guess if it wasnt them it would be someone else. You can already get glitter hoof polish for horses and glitter spray and stencils for their rumps an no one has kicked off about that...i'm more concerned about the grand national every year where horses are forced over very high jumps with MANY loosing their lives...anyway i'm off track now so i guess i'll stop rambling.
if you watch the rspa adverts many dogs are kicked starved and beaten on a regular basis . i'd rather see a dog being painted on its toes than that anyday!!!

You are so right! Little polish is not gonna hurt the animal, and this is at least less harmful then greyhound racing (sorry, I have seen and heard enough to be against it), ear and tail cropping, slautherhouses... sorry to be so serious....but where you draw the line, I just recently bought my greyhound a beautiful "greyhound" collar, cost me $50, but it looks so pretty..does she need it..? No...but she is so special to me and it makes me happy when she looks nice and fancy with her collar....take a look....

http://groups.msn.com/AnnaLajourdie/feeby.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=203

I'd rather see people going stupid over their dogs and treating them like they are "humans" then being cruel and treating them as "animals"

anna
she is beautiful :) and the collar is pretty too :green:
debbie

I think Jen is right.

I have a West Highland Terrier, and she is my baby!

I am going to get her a pink Collar, with a silver love heart Dog tag, and make her a pink satin coat with her name embroidered in silver. Now that is not so much to make her an accessory, but more to make her happier.

She is at her happiest when she has just been groomed, and she loves to be pampered. I wouldn't pawlish her claws, even though I've been tempted, because my Mum would make me remove it! Lol :)

However, some people treat their animals badly by over pampering them, but a lot of it is done out of love, and that is so much better than abandoning them or beating them. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back