opi polish bottles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ALEX

I have a large selection of opi polishes and love them, however I am gutted to find that I can't open 4 of the bottles. The lids are completely stuck, and to make things worse two of them are my favourite colours! All four bottles are still more than 2/3rds full. Has anybody any ideas on how to get a bottle un-stuck? Any suggestions will be appreciated:confused:

ALEX said:
I have a large selection of opi polishes and love them, however I am gutted to find that I can't open 4 of the bottles. The lids are completely stuck, and to make things worse two of them are my favourite colours! All four bottles are still more than 2/3rds full. Has anybody any ideas on how to get a bottle un-stuck? Any suggestions will be appreciated:confused:
put them in hot water...expansion might help

Thanks for that - will the hot water not effect the polish?

Hi Alex

I had the same problem just the other month. I tried and tried to open the bottle, but it just wasnt working! So I ran the hot water and held the bottle under for a few seconds, and hey presto! It opened really easily, mind you my boyfriend still thinks he loosened it for me! ( men, what are they like!)
And no the polish wasnt affected at all.

Michelle xx

I think it depends on whether there is something wrong with the bottle or whether there's polish stuck around the screw part (y'know what I mean, where the lid screws in..:D).
I used to get stuck bottles all the time from getting polish stuck round the lid, usually from leaving the lid standing upside down when I was dipping a paintbrush in the pot (don't laugh, newbie, remember? That was how I did my own nail art in ye olden days..). To fix it, I filled a small pot with nail polish remover and put the bottle in, lid first, just enough to come over the top of the lip of the lid. Left for long enough, it loosened the nail polish and I could get the lid off to clean it up.

But I am guessing that that was my problem cos I was being sloppy, and used cheap polishes... I'm not sure if that would ruin your bottles?
Lol x

Thanks for replys will let you know how I get on tomorrow!

take something rubbery (like a swimming cap, or drawer liners) and hold the lid and the base and twist.

OR wind a rubber band around the top and twist

What I do is turn the bottle upside down in my hand, and gently bang/tap the top of the handle on a hard surface (the floor) a couple of times. What this does is un-jam the dried up polish around the neck of the bottle. This works for me every time!! Try it!!

Thanks for these great ideas. Guess this proves im a little too messy with my polish brush! Must learn to be nice with polish brush and bottle:rolleyes:

Whaa hAAAYYY! Got into all the polishes today. I ran each one under hot water for about 20 seconds, gave each bottle a knock on the side ov the top and hay presto using a rubber shamy clothe opened them all!:)

Just out of curiosity what are your fav colours? mine are tutti fruity tonga and all the broadway colours

Jo x

take a cup of water put it in the microwave for one minute after that put the lid up to the edge in the cup for 40 seconds take it out hit it against a hard surface and wala it will open

As a preventative, wiping a piece of cotton wool soaked in varnish remover around the neck of the bottle after use will remove any polish & prevent future sticking issues!

When you use your polish make sure you clean the top with acetone so you dont get it stuck again lol. good luck hun xx:hug:

Latest posts

Back