OPI Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDs

Curly Hair Geek
Reaction score
I heard on the news last night that OPI products were being pulled off the shelves because of a contaminated batch. I didn't catch What line it was.
Has anyone else hear about this?

no I havnt hears anything of this, is the batch just in the States?

No Idea..I just caught OPI Nail Products...and contaimnation. Nothing more on the news about it. I will have to check at the supply store tommorrow

I just looked at the site.
So im assuming the products ARE safe as it was in the moderate to high in safety aspects??

I use OPI so i was a little concerned i have to say:eek:

aye, as I use OPI also..I am not sure if it was the acrylic products, nail laquer, lotions or what. I will let you all know as soon as I find something out tommorrow

I just looked at the site.
So im assuming the products ARE safe as it was in the moderate to high in safety aspects??

I use OPI so i was a little concerned i have to say:eek:

I think you may be mistaken, here's a quote from the site:

Product score
Here you will find the product score which gives the relative concern level for the product from 0 (low) to 5 (higher).

Oh my gosh.. Just looked at the link.. I use mostly opi products!! They are apparently very unsafe then!! That's quite worrying!!

is that safe to use ......... or safe to drink?:)

Many products are unsafe, (for various reasons), thats why we have MSDS.

i'd like to see some back-up to this post, it will save me wasted time looking on google (which i have already done).

Heresay can be quite damaging.

I can only imagine how long this post would last if it was an unfounded post about Creative.

is that safe to use ......... or safe to drink?:)

Many products are unsafe, (for various reasons), thats why we have MSDS.

I can only imagine how long this post would last if it was an unfounded post about Creative.

Agree with you 100% Carl

I went through the website a bit.... You might find it interesting to notice:
I did NOT find an update for ANY of their data any more recent than October 2005.......
I'm pretty sure that there have been changes in formulations for many things in their lists...........
AND I'm curious to know who founded the studies etc, and on what grounds/criteria the scores were rendered. SOMEBODY must pay for the site and the studies.......
Who? and why?

In any case.... I don't drink my makeup or nailproducts... do you drink yours?

it's rather like when someone says "It's all natural, so it's good for you".
Well, Poison Ivy is all natural, you want to roll around in it naked?:rolleyes:

I think things have to be looked at as "wholes" and not just only part of the bigger picture.

A little bit of perspective is a great thing.

Latest posts

Back