OPI Training??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little K

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m a new Geek and am looking to all you more experienced Geeks to help me out....I need some advice.

I’m planning to start up on my own and want to do it all properly and need to find out if I am better of doing an NVQ or do the OPI training, I appreciate that if I want to work in a salon that an NVQ would be really beneficial but as I want to work for would the OPI training be the best option for me. I don’t want to cut any corners and am more than happy to train for a year or 2 so that I can provide a service that I would be happy to accept as a client.

Help! I don’t want to start this new and exciting chapter of my life wrongly by taking Inadequate training.

Thanks guys in advance.

Both of your training options sound good, it's a choice. I only have 2 things to add- I personally would feel slightly uneasy about the changes afoot at OPI- I have no idea how that will pan out for salon business.
Secondly, i think it's the practice and research that you put into your skills after you qualify that will make you the best tech you can be. The initial training you do, plays quite a small part in your success.
X

Both of your training options sound good, it's a choice. I only have 2 things to add- I personally would feel slightly uneasy about the changes afoot at OPI- I have no idea how that will pan out for salon business.

I assume you are talking about the Coty take over?? I think it is highly unlikely that any of us on the ground (let alone our clients) will notice the difference. Coty have already stated that they have taken over a successful business and they have no wish to change things.

Personally I would choose OPI, NSI, EzFlow, CND or another big company training over a college based course, but that's just me.

Personally I would choose OPI, NSI, EzFlow, CND or another big company training over a college based course, but that's just me.

Me too! I did the NVQ route and then trained with CND and learnt alot more through CND than i ever did with the NVQ

Hi all,

Thanks for respomding so quickly....i have had a look at the CND training and might go with them, they are more expensive than OPI and thier courses are much more segmented but i guess that's how they make there money. LOL.

Emily9 ...Do i still need to do a NVQ even if i do the CND route and i was wondering why you did the NVQ but then had training with CND?

Getting more confused by the minute....and believe me ladies it doesnt take much...;)

Latest posts

Back