OPI?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Director

Reaction score
I am looking for advice on the OPI products if anyone has used the new Natural Strong Range and how you find it also the quick drying polish, I presently use the Gel bottle which we have problems with and Bio Gel which is fantastic

OPI has been around for many, many years in various incarnations. Was really big in the Acyrylic game about 15/20 years ago then seemed to move more towards Polish centric business, then started selling to the general public via QVC, Sally's, etc. and the pro loyalty seemed to drop off as a result. I've not used any of their stuff since they went 'public' as it were, I'm not sure if we have any OPI techs on the board, I can't think of anyone who regularly mentions it 🤔 . I think it's still pretty strong in the US so our Stateside tech's might have some advice for you 🤞

Thank your for your help

I've not used any of their stuff since they went 'public' as it were

I confess to being a professional product only sort of person. When OPI went ‘public’ years ago in the US, it was really ’diversion’. Buying up old stock or close out, out of business stores, etc. and reselling to chains of dept. stores or drug stores.

Each bottle of OPI polish has an etched code in the glass. We were asked to report these codes so they could be tracked to the original purchaser. If you had a bottle with the etching scored off, it was definitely diverted. Meaning it went thru multiple sources after the initial one from manufacturer.

If you can buy your polish it at the corner market, you don’t need me to stock it.

One of the reasons I’ve stuck with CND and all it’s incarnations since it came on the market.

Latest posts

Back