Opi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
OPI are advertising alot in Scratch Mag this month - and build a great name in the professional industry which is fab but why are they selling their fiberglass kits on QVC where everyone can buy them - selling nail varnish is fine but fiberglass kits to anyone that in MY OPINION is just wrong

you can pretty much buy most systems anywhere now to any untrained person, i completely agree that this is wrong, but i s'pose their way of thinking is if people are out there to by products, why can't it be mine (that's probably a little too contraversial, sorry) as i am aware i think you have to be creative trained to buy their products directly, this should be mandatory for most if not all types of systems, i believe you should have to show you certificates to by anything like that,but anyone from the general public can buy them from e-bay, this is such a shame, because there are going to be people that get hold of these products, watch a video to see how it's done and think that they can go out there and earn a living meanwhile giving nail techs a bad name and causing all sorts of damage, i tried to apply my own fibreglass when i done my intro course and when i sprayed the activator i had glue down my finger IT BLEEDIN HURT I CAN TELL YOU,
icon_evil.gif
i thought i'd took off copious amounts of skin, there are some idiots out therethat don't take into account the mass training that us nail techs do to get where we are today, i will get off my soapbox now sorry for the long post. LOL

whatabeauty said:
you can pretty much buy most systems anywhere now to any untrained person, i completely agree that this is wrong, but i s'pose their way of thinking is if people are out there to by products, why can't it be mine (that's probably a little too contraversial, sorry) as i am aware i think you have to be creative trained to buy their products directly, this should be mandatory for most if not all types of systems, i believe you should have to show you certificates to by anything like that,but anyone from the general public can buy them from e-bay, this is such a shame, because there are going to be people that get hold of these products, watch a video to see how it's done and think that they can go out there and earn a living meanwhile giving nail techs a bad name and causing all sorts of damage, i tried to apply my own fibreglass when i done my intro course and when i sprayed the activator i had glue down my finger IT BLEEDIN HURT I CAN TELL YOU,
icon_evil.gif
i thought i'd took off copious amounts of skin, there are some idiots out therethat don't take into account the mass training that us nail techs do to get where we are today, i will get off my soapbox now sorry for the long post. LOL
I new ebay sold them but not QVC Shopping Channel - what anoyed me is that they spent about 30 minutes showing how to use the product

lindag said:
I new ebay sold them but not QVC Shopping Channel - what anoyed me is that they spent about 30 minutes showing how to use the product

If I were an OPI Technician, I'd be furious :twisted: . It makes a mockery of those who have invested in their training with OPI doesn't it. This is their newish Microwrap system yes?

Latest posts

Back