Opinion needed- how long to practice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grochowa1

Reaction score
Hi, I need some opinion on how long did you practice before opening your own business? Did you do that stright after college/training? Did you charge your family and friends when you practiced your skills on them? Every opinion welcome.

Last edited:
Hi,

What is it u are doing?

I didn't ask for any money when practising but 80% of the time my friends/family gave me money as obviously it costs time/products/fuel (for my mobile treatments) I practised as much as I could before my exam-then once I'd passed, got insurance I started charging/advertising.

The only thing I practised after I'd passed was my tans, as the more practise the better! Xx

I want to go mobile when I finish my NVQ. Have to practice but don't know if I should ask for any money.

The best practise is to get a job within the beauty industry, it's amazing what you learn and if there is complains then they will advise you where you are going wrong. Some people do go straight into business on their own, it's just from
Personally experience I have found that this is what has helped me.

The best practise is to get a job within the beauty industry, it's amazing what you learn and if there is complains then they will advise you where you are going wrong. Some people do go straight into business on their own, it's just from
Personally experience I have found that this is what has helped me.
It is a great idea, but I have a job and even now I struggle with the course. I will have a possibility to have a placement and maybe that will haelp me a lot.

Latest posts

Back