Opinion on colouring brassy hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Hello all looking for opinions, basically my client who is natural base 4 was getting a lots of bleached foils and toned by myself, she always asks for full head application but I always talked her out of it saying I don't think she would like it, anyways she's went and put a home colour on it and it's now glowing at the roots more yellow than orange and she hates it, she hates the all over look(as I said) more than the colour so my thought was to maybe put loads of low lights through it like maybe 7/73 colour touch? Or she says she likes the ombré look so maybe 7/73 through the top area and dearer down mid way with 8/73? Another option was pick out foil sections and put conditioner on them and then flood between with the 7/73 ? X

Errm isnt /73 brunette gold? over already yellow hair? You want to be toning that down with a violet base i reckon, dunno what that is in wella but im sure people will recommend illumina shades to you.

8/69 or 7/81 but it's hard to say without a picture.

I'm not looking to really neutralise the yellow I'm looking to darken it back down, so needs to be level 7 or 6, so because of that I was looking to add more warmth into it rather than pre pigging? I normally use 7/73 when doing lowlights and it always come out beautiful, I'm wanting a nice warm colour don't want anything flat xx

8/69 is lovely cam but that would just neutralise it and the 7/81 would be quite flat on it I think plus I would be worried with that being a blue tone over the yellow xx

I agree in your first idea for fomulas. You don't always need to neutralise especially when darkening. Often using ash can grab kakhi on various lightening levels. Stay with brown/gold is the safest bet and will tone down. I am for your ombre idea.

Hi thanks yeah think I'm going to ombré it, will post pics when done, doing it on Saturday xx

Good luck! The only upside is at least you didn't do it and she hates it, she will listen to you more in future hopefully! X

Thanks, I know I must admit I did take great delight when she messaged me and said lol x

What about colour touch plus 77/07 on roots going into 88/07

Be careful and don't forget to strand test especially if she's done her hair herself. A lot of "home"products have metallic salts and that could result in a hair disaster. Not telling you to suck eggs love just to err of the side of caution. 😀

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Be careful and don't forget to strand test especially if she's done her hair herself. A lot of "home"products have metallic salts and that could result in a hair disaster. Not telling you to suck eggs love just to err of the side of caution. 😀

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol don't worry I'm going for a test piece tonight for the incompatibility
But that's good shout about doing a strand test with the colour while I'm there xx

Mollie you really should be pre piggin even if your using 7/73 it will fade so fast over bleached hair! X

Just been to see her hair, it's lighter than I thought so going to pre pig with perfecton /34 then use 7/71 over it xx

That's sounds good Are you using 7/1 global or you doing an ombré? X

Hello everyone, did the clients hair this morning didn't get a before as was running behind due to client being late but got an after pic, was really pleased with it. So client came in with a picture and it was more all darkened down but with few highlights through the top and lighter through the bottom so I did this,

-took few fine sections out from the top and applied conditioner then applied perfecton /3 through the root areas and few inches down

-applied 7/7 as we wanted it a warm colour then I combed all that down through the ends til it looked blended but still leaving bit of the blonde out

-then toned it all with 9/16
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416064258.269387.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416064196.935799.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416064196.935799.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 101
That all sounds good to me mollie why did you tone it all with 9/16? X

Yeah was really pleased with it, I wanted to clean up the parts I left out in the foils as they were yellow at the root area so used koleston and pastel xx

Latest posts

Back